Incubator.

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well, since my female is gravid and all, I am starting to get all the supplies I need to raising these babies that I will soon have, my mom and my family all support me with this and i have many friends willing to pitch in. I have talked to many people who have bred before and I feel confident. I was talking with my mother and she said that I need to get an incubator because we keep our house fairly cool, even during the winter. I am more than likely going to be getting an incubator with deli cups and hatch rite from LLLreptile.com. has anyone used this product? and is it enough hatchrite for a clutch of eggs?
thanks Zac.

Please keep negative comments to yourself but I do love to hear your opinions. :)

i use hatch rite myself.. i go to the dallar store and pick up the little 2 inch deap tubs that are 4x6.. they hold 20-30 eggs easy...poke a few small holes ... you can incubate in a tub without incubator.. use a heating pad.. under tub.. in closet.. not ideal.. or the best way. but done correctly it can produce babies..good luck

oh that incubator works great! mine fluctuates about 3 degrees which was expected from my research before i bought it. If you want to get a complete package that comes with the cups and hatch-rite than the LLL one you are looking at seems perfect.

i use hatch rite myself.. i go to the dallar store and pick up the little 2 inch deap tubs that are 4x6.. they hold 20-30 eggs easy...poke a few small holes ... you can incubate in a tub without incubator.. use a heating pad.. under tub.. in closet.. not ideal.. or the best way. but done correctly it can produce babies..good luck

that sounds cheap, but its my first time and i want it to go off without a problem. :)

oh that incubator works great! mine fluctuates about 3 degrees which was expected from my research before i bought it. If you want to get a complete package that comes with the cups and hatch-rite than the LLL one you are looking at seems perfect.

Yeah, my mom is agreeing to let me order the incubator from LLL because it will be cheapest to just order the complete incubator with supplies rather than order all separate.

awesome!:D good luck with your breeding project and hopefully you'll let us know how it goes.

Oh trust me there will be tons of updates. once a month i plan on it :)

and my next tread, will be guessing how many eggs she is carrying have to go out and get a gram scale :)

My incuibator is in the shed!!! I use deli cups with vermiculite, poke small holes in the lid.I then put them in A shoe box and put them on the top shelf of the closet.I check the eggs about once a month and make sure they dont get to dry.They will start hatching just before 8 months.With the incuibator they took up to 11 months to hatch.I live in oregon and our inside house temp drops to 62 at night and our house is 66-72 during the day.If you buy A incuibator, I recomend one the is programable so you can drop the temp at night.And make sure to check the temp with A second temp probe.

I have never incubated chameleons egg...
But I have been incubating tortoise eggs...
the incubator you are talking about its a hovabator.
.... Actually I bought exactly the one you are talking about.
its a good incubator.
easy to use, and cheap.
try to get it a week or so before your cham lays eggs... So you can get to know how it works, and heats.
Hovabator comes with a thermometer, but I would suggest you to buy an extra thermometer/hygrometer. You can get them both in one, and you can find good and cheap ones at walmart, or target...
Try the incubator couple of days before, co you can measure temperature, humidity and stuff....

I have no idea about humidity and temperature when it comes to chameleons eggs, but Im sure someone will be able to help you =)

good luck!

I have never incubated chameleons egg...
But I have been incubating tortoise eggs...
the incubator you are talking about its a hovabator.
.... Actually I bought exactly the one you are talking about.
its a good incubator.
easy to use, and cheap.
try to get it a week or so before your cham lays eggs... So you can get to know how it works, and heats.
Hovabator comes with a thermometer, but I would suggest you to buy an extra thermometer/hygrometer. You can get them both in one, and you can find good and cheap ones at walmart, or target...
Try the incubator couple of days before, co you can measure temperature, humidity and stuff....

I have no idea about humidity and temperature when it comes to chameleons eggs, but Im sure someone will be able to help you =)

good luck!

good! lol I will get an extra probe :) thanks

hovabators are solid imo. If you dosome looking around you can find a extenison ring to give you more room inside of it...

just deli cups

I wish I could afford it. I have a budget of 75 for an incubator. it includes shipping so i got the hova bator.

the hova bator dose not cool so you would be fine just useing deli cups in a cool dark place. you dont want to get over 73 and want to stay cooler the first couple monthes.

the hova bator dose not cool so you would be fine just useing deli cups in a cool dark place. you dont want to get over 73 and want to stay cooler the first couple monthes.

I would go without the incubator if it wasn't winter and it didn't drop below zero i would put them in the closet but its very cold in there. so my best way to incubate them is with an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom