Incubation data for Chamaeleo (T.) cristatus

eisentrauti

Avid Member
Hello,

I'm searching for incubation datas for Ch.t.cristatus. Someone in Germany has a clutch of 16 eggs but no idea what the best temperatures for incubation are.
Could somebody here help ?

Best regards
Benny

eisentrauti

Avid Member
Hi Chris,

yes I knew the article, but there isn't something about percentual rate of the eggs which hatched ( sorry for my bad english).
But maybe I understand something wrong in the article.

Regards
Benny

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
Staff member
Hey Benny,

No, there isn't anything peculiar about the rate of hatching. The article says they hatched over a 2 day period after 9 months of incubation. It does say that later, after they hatched, some babies died due to high ambient temperature exposure but nothing bad about the incubation that I can tell.

Chris

eisentrauti

Avid Member
Ok,

good to hear. So I can still trust in my english.:D
The information in the article confirm my opinion about the incubation

Best regards
Benny

Niels Pedersen

Established Member
im the one who wrote the article.
As I wrote, they all hatched after 9 months and the first babys came out in the morning. I had hoped to take some pictures while they where bursting from the eggs, but they where super fast in breaking out, much faster then most other species I have worked with.

the babys was really healthy and they where growing, but we had a killer hot summer here in Denmark and there was no way to cool them down. Many reptiles died that summer.

Top Bottom