Incubation data for Chamaeleo (T.) cristatus

eisentrauti

Avid Member
Hello,

I'm searching for incubation datas for Ch.t.cristatus. Someone in Germany has a clutch of 16 eggs but no idea what the best temperatures for incubation are.
Could somebody here help ?

Best regards
Benny

Hi Chris,

yes I knew the article, but there isn't something about percentual rate of the eggs which hatched ( sorry for my bad english).
But maybe I understand something wrong in the article.

Regards
Benny

Hey Benny,

No, there isn't anything peculiar about the rate of hatching. The article says they hatched over a 2 day period after 9 months of incubation. It does say that later, after they hatched, some babies died due to high ambient temperature exposure but nothing bad about the incubation that I can tell.

Chris

Ok,

good to hear. So I can still trust in my english.:D
The information in the article confirm my opinion about the incubation

Best regards
Benny

im the one who wrote the article.
As I wrote, they all hatched after 9 months and the first babys came out in the morning. I had hoped to take some pictures while they where bursting from the eggs, but they where super fast in breaking out, much faster then most other species I have worked with.

the babys was really healthy and they where growing, but we had a killer hot summer here in Denmark and there was no way to cool them down. Many reptiles died that summer.

Back
Top Bottom