Improv-ish?.....

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my female veiled has a dripper running and a bowl that catches the water, can I move her pothos plant into the bowl? I know that substrate is not ideal because of bacteria, but if the plant drinks the water, would the bacteria still be able to grow?

Substrate is the way to go. Bacteria is everywhere and isn't a bad thing. We need bacteria to keep our immune systems in top notch. Ever notice kids growing up in pristine conditions getting sick more often?
Yep, all kids should be eating a fist full of dirt daily!

How big is the pathos? it would need to be pretty big to absorb all of it. But I guess that depends on the reservoir size of the dripper too...

If the roots are in a net pot with little bit of sphagnum, it can take constant water, otherwise they will drown

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 70
If you can, snip off a handful of 2-3” long pieces of willow branch, the greener the better. Throw a few in with your pathos cuttings and they will really take off.

This is something I always saw my maw maw do when I was young but at the time I diddnt know what she was doing. 25 years later and with the benefit of the internet I now know that the cuttings contain Salicylic acid and Indolebutyric acid, both of which promotes root growth, 100% organic too!

If you can, snip off a handful of 2-3” long pieces of willow branch, the greener the better. Throw a few in with your pathos cuttings and they will really take off.

This is something I always saw my maw maw do when I was young but at the time I diddnt know what she was doing. 25 years later and with the benefit of the internet I now know that the cuttings contain Salicylic acid and Indolebutyric acid, both of which promotes root growth, 100% organic too!

Interesting brody, I didn't know that. Now to find some willow trees

Back
Top Bottom