I'm Very Worried About Lottie Again

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
As most of you know my precious Lottie girl has already been through two surgeries.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/please-keep-lottie-your-thoughts-prayers-136208/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/lottie-needs-your-thoughts-prayers-once-again-139121/

Now Lottie has a saggy belly. She seems fine other than her belly is saggy. I hope it's just from the surgeries. The flab is soft, she's active, eating, drinking, pooping and other wise completely normal. See photos below. I took her to my dog's vet for x-rays and sent them to both my chameleon vets. Dr. Mader who did the surgeries, at first thought it could be a hernia from the surgeries but after looking at the x-rays, thinks it is just a big belly from the surgical incision making a weak abdominal wall. See x-rays below too. They are tiny because I am not very good at uploading photos from my email to the forums. Dr. Alfonso agrees with Dr. Mader that it's probably just from the surgeries. I will feel much better when Dr. Mader tells me not to worry after he examines her and does an ultra sound on Friday. I am praying that my sweet baby does not need another surgery.

Lotties%20belly%205%2018%2015%20058_zpsca4x9ad9.jpg

Lotties%20belly%205%2018%2015%20051_zpstl7fxdyh.jpg

Lotties%20belly%205%2018%2015%20047_zpsy73mbqkb.jpg

Lotties%20belly%205%2018%2015%20042_zpsgiamktei.jpg

Lotties%20belly%205%2018%2015%20012_zpsaswgbd1h.jpg

Lotties%20belly%205%2018%2015%20006_zps1r2dfh1a.jpg

1436_4647_2_s0_zpsd59t312a.jpg

1436_4647_4_s0_zps8eg67tcy.jpg

1436_4647_3_s0_zpshjic6acz.jpg

Jann,

I hope she is O.K. Is the area filled with fluid or air? Has that happened recently or has it been that way for a while? The x-rays look normal, but I'm no vet. I truly hope she is fine and just doing what these little buggers do and worrying us over everything. Keeping you guys all in our thoughts.

-Andrea and Michael :)

poor thing i hope its just from surgery and nothing serious:(

Thank you Evan. I'm praying really hard that is nothing serious.

Jann,

I hope she is O.K. Is the area filled with fluid or air? Has that happened recently or has it been that way for a while? The x-rays look normal, but I'm no vet. I truly hope she is fine and just doing what these little buggers do and worrying us over everything. Keeping you guys all in our thoughts.

-Andrea and Michael :)

Thank you Andrea and Michael. Lottie has had the swollen belly for a few weeks now. To be honest I can't tell what it's filled with but my husband seems to think it's fluid.

Poor little girl. :( Lottie will stay in my prayers and I hope that she is fine and remains so.

Hey Jan,
I'm tight with the big man upstairs. We'll keep Lottie in our prayers. Looks like body changes from surgeries . Stay positive, no Cham could be in better hands.
Good luck.
Dave

Poor little girl. :( Lottie will stay in my prayers and I hope that she is fine and remains so.

Thank you! Lottie and I really appreciate it.

Hey Jan,
I'm tight with the big man upstairs. We'll keep Lottie in our prayers. Looks like body changes from surgeries . Stay positive, no Cham could be in better hands.
Good luck.
Dave

Thank you so much Dave. Your prayers are appreciated. I hope it's just flab for the surgeries. I'll keep you posted.

I'm so sorry Jann! I know you were concerned last time I saw you, but I honestly feel it's nothing to worry about. Dr. Mader will set your mind at ease, hopefully, but keep us updated!

I'm so sorry Jann! I know you were concerned last time I saw you, but I honestly feel it's nothing to worry about. Dr. Mader will set your mind at ease, hopefully, but keep us updated!

Thank you Michelle.

Are any of those x-rays from after the surgery? I would assume they are pre-op and not post-op.

All of these x-rays were made last week. The first surgery was in Nov. 2014 and the second surgery was March 4th 2015.

Good luck Jann. Hope she does not have to go through surgery again!

Thank you Carol.

Jann,
These creatures constantly keep us stressed. I am sending you and Lottie positive thoughts. Hoping for good news on Friday.

Deb

Oh no Jann, I truly hope it's just some saggy skin or fluid to be drawn off! Sweet little girls been through enough!

Jann,
These creatures constantly keep us stressed. I am sending you and Lottie positive thoughts. Hoping for good news on Friday.

Deb

Thank you Deb. I worry about them all the time. I'll keep you posted how the visits go on Friday.

Oh no Jann, I truly hope it's just some saggy skin or fluid to be drawn off! Sweet little girls been through enough!

Thank you Lisa. I hope it's just saggy skin from the surgery. I'll let you know.

Poor little Lottie. I hope she gets the all clear from Dr. Mader.

Thank you Melissa. I know Dr. Mader will try his best to work his magic on Lottie.....hopefully with just an ultra sound this time.

I hope Lottie is fine. Luckily you have very good vets to be sure everything is OK. My thoughts are with you and your babies.

I am glad you are getting her into the vet. And thank you for posting pictures! When we spoke last and you described what was up with her I had a hard time picturing it.

I hope its nothing, and by the way, I also hope Hendershot the best! I know he had a rough go for a bit there too.

Would love to hear how the vet visit goes. Good luck and all of you be safe, you all are in my prayers.

I am glad you are getting her into the vet. And thank you for posting pictures! When we spoke last and you described what was up with her I had a hard time picturing it.

I hope its nothing, and by the way, I also hope Hendershot the best! I know he had a rough go for a bit there too.

Would love to hear how the vet visit goes. Good luck and all of you be safe, you all are in my prayers.

Thank you for your nice comments Cassidy. The vet visit went very well. No surgery for either.

hey Jannb how's Lottie doing today? i am praying for her.... and you....

Hope the vet visit went well :).

Lottie is doing very well. She was perfect in the car for six hours....we had allot of traffic. She was an angel at the vets and wild at the restaurant afterwards. :D Lottie has a hernia but Dr. Mader is not going to do surgery. He did an ultra sound and showed us all of Lottie's organs and said everything looks good. For now she is acting totally normal and we are not going to do anything except enjoy her. :)

Back
Top Bottom