Im so proud 🥲

180chrs

I’m new but I just wanted to post and show my chameleon enclosure for my child Crescent! it took 2 days but it was worth it. Theres also before picture with like just two plants that I accidentally killed lol

Attachments

• 0CFA31E1-8231-4F27-87A2-2ADF4A031755.jpeg
    0CFA31E1-8231-4F27-87A2-2ADF4A031755.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 96143142-CE1D-40C2-9DA4-E2233C4B4ACC.jpeg
    96143142-CE1D-40C2-9DA4-E2233C4B4ACC.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 0F490670-088B-47D6-940E-674BB3CFD4A5.jpeg
    0F490670-088B-47D6-940E-674BB3CFD4A5.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 80
Is that moss on the sides hanging? You also need a linear T5 HO uvb light fixture with a 5.0 or 6% bulb. I would add more horizontal branches throughout the cage. These are just a few to start with, but the uvb light is most important, i would get that asap if you already have the cham inside.
I already have all that i just don’t have it in the picture

I would be careful with that, i had moss at the bottom and it started molding! If you have it on the sides my concern is that your cham will climb it and fall down since it will disintegrate with time. Your call.
I have a smooth material with the moss so she doesn’t climb it. It was more so to help with the humidity since she had a strong ventilation! But i really appreciate your opinions and i will definitely keep an eye out for her best interest :)

Your risking her life having all that moss in the cage. This is a big no no with Veileds. They eat everything like a toddler would.
Did you get the T5HO fixture or are you using a screw in bulb in one of the dome fixtures?
I got a grow bulb and used a light fixture that I had and also shes really not like that...she really only eats the things i put in her bowls and has never had any problem with eating random things

I got a grow bulb and used a light fixture that I had and also shes really not like that...she really only eats the things i put in her bowls and has never had any problem with eating random things
Hi. :) While your lady may not yet have taken some nibbles of her plants, she eventually will...trust me! While the moss may look nice, it really isn’t safe to have it in there. All it takes is one good nibble and she could become impacted, which can be fatal. A much safer alternative would be to get some vining plants like pothos, philodendron or wandering Jew and as they grow, drape the vines over your branches. That would also provide her with many more little roads to travel.

Ok well clearly you know it all and are very very experienced in chameleon husbandry and behavior. So I am just going to take my exit.

I think it looks great and the moss would add humidity but there is no way that will support the weight of the chameleon. Even if she doesn't eat it which she very well could it will not hold up when she walks around. I use the stuff all the time with my dart frogs and while wet after soaking it in the bucket it has a little strength but it falls apart after it dries. My veiled used to eat the flowers off of hibiscus plants. I would buy this beautiful plant and it would be flowerless in a day.

What strength UVB bulb did you put in the T5 HO light fixture you say she doesn’t like? Also, does she have a lay bin? Filling out this ask for help form will help make sure everything else is in tip-top shape! Make sure to include pics of your cham as well!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom