im now getting really worried

rango87

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
ambiobe panther,5 months old,had him 7 weeks

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
once or twice a week for 5 mins

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
im feeding him crickets & locust,he eats between 1-4 a day,i feed him free range & via a cup,i gutload with greens,fruit,bug grub

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
exo terra calcium,nutrabol vitamins,nutrabol 1 day a week,pure calcium 6 days a week

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
misting & dripper,mist for 4 mins 3/4 times a day,use dripper once a day,yes i see him drink everyday

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
his poop is black one end and white the other,he has not been tested

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
xl reptibreeze

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
60watt heat bulb,arcadia t5 12% uv+ d3,lighting on 12hrs a day

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
basking temp between 29c & 32c,ambient 22c,overnight temp between 18c & 19c

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
between 40% & 70%,misting 3/4 times a day,digital hygrometer

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
2 benjamina ficus,1 umbrella

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
in the ccrner of the room,the cage is 6ft at the highest point

Location - Where are you geographically located?
uk,south east

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
i have had my cham for 7 weeks and ive had issues from the start with him hardly eating.most days he will only eat 1 or 2.hes eaten 4 on 3 occasions.i handfeed him but he doesnt always take it.he eats
very rarely out on the cup.i put some locust in his viv and he will eat some but doesnt eat as much as he should.hes still very shy and hides a lot too.im not sure if itss down to me handling him.shall i just leave him alone

Try offering him a larger variety of feeders. If you can get hornworms there they usually go for green worms. Also try some super worms and silkworms.

how big are the crickets and locust?
What makes you feel he is not eating enough? the quantity does seem low, but if the size of the prey is quite big maybe its enough. Is the chameleon growing? Do you weigh him weekly since you are handling him anyways?

I agree it cannot hurt to add prey variety.

I suggest you could also try not handling him for a few weeks, see if that helps settle him in.

muji told me when i was spraying 4 times a day for 6 mins and using the dripper twice a day that it was too much water.i mist every 3 hrs.

yes i will go without holding him.
he eats slightly larger than the 3rds.he doesnt go for the small ones.no i havent weighed him as i have no scales and i already decided not to handle him anymore.ive not held him for 2 days.
he looks in good health.hes hydrated and always exploring.he seems very happy.nothing else is abnormal just his lack of food intake.
he is very small for his age.he is growing.he shed after 5 1/2 weeks of having him.he seems ok but doesnt have much desire to eat.hes about 5 inches with tail.hes grown 3x the size in the 7 weeks that ive had him.

For my panther I usually mist 4 times a day...I always make sure the cage is dry before misting again. I also feed him super worms and he LOVES them. They are high in fat, so they aren't the best feeder, but it's good to have variety for them. Good luck :)

For my panther I usually mist 4 times a day...I always make sure the cage is dry before misting again. I also feed him super worms and he LOVES them. They are high in fat, so they aren't the best feeder, but it's good to have variety for them. Good luck :)

Can't get supers in uk:D

Back
Top Bottom