im new to chameleons

Glenn

hi guys in new to chameleons. i have a young sun burst veiled and would like some advice. i built my cage and would like to know if my set up is ok
album.php

at the top of the cage is the mist system just to the left of that is the drip system but no matter what leaf i make it drip on the baby cham poops on that leaf what should i do? and yes i am going to make a cover for the heater any thoughts would be helpful.

i dont know about the ceramic heater in the cage...i would put it on top..and what is the other bulb?....some more foliage would be good too..

the heater is going to be wraped in a mesh cage but for now he cant get to it and the bulb is an exotera 5.0 26W

I agree add more foliage, also I prefer a linear UVB 5.0 as well as a basking light. The drip system sounds neat, as I still am old school w/ the little dripper and a misting bottle for all my chams. Welcome to the forum, I hope you meat some nice helpful friends to guide you on your way to chameleon ownership.

Is the ceramic heater on 24/7? How warm does the cage get? Be sure there is a gradient of temps from the warmest under the basking spot to a cooler shady retreat. A cham cage should cool off at least 10 degrees at night. If the room stays above 65 F at night you don't need any heat or light. The ceramic may also dry the cage out more, so watch the humidity. Use a good digital gauge...don't trust the little stick on types from pet shops.

Back
Top Bottom