Im confused by this?????

sdheli420

Avid Member
:confused: so i was looking on ebay for random reptile supplies, and i came acrossed this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190524003500&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

I know that jacksons chameleons are live bearing animals..and politely asked the guy what it was used for since they dont lay eggs... this was the response:

"Dear jlea3947,

sac born is not true live birth..its still a lil different than mammals that do the same say a horse. a soft non calcified sacs with spent yolk are still in my book an egg- call it whatever you want an egg is an egg. they carry out the same confused habits as their standard ilk. true enough when pestered they just drop the sacs anywhere but the point of a fixed next is to cut that habit.

actually I think I'm gonna write that into my item.
And mix wise no no its not-

- theflyingappleseedco"

P.s. with the last comment he said was regarding what i asked his mix volume..i asked if it was 1:1 water to weight of mix...

he is selling bedding for you cham that he claims you cham will like more than store bought. the use is bedding for you cham to lay eggs

This is just some scam. Clueless person trying to make a buck selling some dirt. I would like to see some photos of jackson's giving birth in soil. Oh and what was that jive about nosy be's??? Avoid!!!!

I sent him a message asking why they'd need nesting material. A bunch of us should do it. I can't find a way to report him for a fraudulent item.

I got a response and it too was idiotic. BUT, if a person doesn't know anything about Jacksons chams, maybe it's believable. Having said that, if a person doesn't know anything maybe they should look into things before breeding their chameleons.

I sent him a message asking why they'd need nesting material. A bunch of us should do it. I can't find a way to report him for a fraudulent item.

ya i tried to find a thing to report the ad but cant find one...this type of mis-information is what causes deaths in animals..obviously the guy doesent work with chameleons, he just has a quick way to get some money by shipping people dirt( i almost wanted to get some and see what the hell it is, he said its not pre-moistened vermeculite..so wth???)but this is the kinda thing that gets some noobs to think a red basking light is good for chams, or like full glass fish aquariums with waterfalls in them....just makes me sad...

I love how he says he hasnt tried this soil on any panther chameleons.. but apperantly the Nosy Be's REALLY LOVE THIS THING.

I don't know anything about jacksons, but who knows... Maybe it works. It's not like he is charging a lot for it, it's $6...

I got a similar idiotic response from the guy:

"but they do have laying actives and dun quite give live birth but lay sacs ones that if no set point is available they tend to to by set down anywhere -also if they are bothered..."

Well, let me ask this: if you do not provide a specific, friendly, place for the Jackson's to deposit her babies, does she, in fact, just spread them out willy nilly? And, is he correct that when the babies come out of the mother they are encased in a sac?

I got a similar idiotic response from the guy:

"but they do have laying actives and dun quite give live birth but lay sacs ones that if no set point is available they tend to to by set down anywhere -also if they are bothered..."

Why is that an idiotic response? It sounds very plausible to me. Now I may be totally wrong, because I haven't observed Jacksons, as everyone who is calling him an idiot clearly has, but it is very clear to me that egg laying chameleons go through a lot of work to make sure the hole is perfect, no one sees them, and there is very little trace of the hole after they are done. Maybe some of you are right and in the wild jacksons just pop out there babies with no regard to their survival. But it does make sense, to me at least, that they would be careful about where they drop the little ones- to avoid death by falls, predation, etc.

All I'm saying is maybe you shouldn't harass the guy without considering the fact that he may be right... Looking at his other items for sale and his feedback, he is clearly not a scammer.

Back
Top Bottom