I'm an idiot

spottea

A couple of weeks ago, I was asking the list about a cute little Jackson's cham at Petco. I dithered, didn't get everything ready, and now somebody bought her at the sale this last weekend. I'm heartbroken, and so mad with myself. What I should have done, was pay for her, and then have them hold her for me until I was set up properly. (Sigh)
I hope she's OK. A dad bought her apparently,,and he had 2 kids with him, and had nothing ready either.
So, now I have to wait until I find another one, or maybe order one, but I would rather not have one flown here from back East. I'd like to choose her myself.
Anyway, just venting, sorry!

Chris

Aw! That really sucks! It happens, so I wouldn't worry about it. Once my family was supposed to end up with a Russian blue cat but we waited too long and they sold it. They gave us a grey cat instead. But, anyways, sometimes we make mistakes but it happens for the better. We still got a cat, and hopefully, you will still get a chameleon! :)

i'm sorry to hear about that. you know, there is this one website, i forgot the name though, but they sell really cheap chameleons. they are in Texas though and it takes a while for them to ship out, but i got two senagals for $30 and they both came healthy, and the next day! theyve got really cheap jacksons too!

Look in the classifieds here in the forum. I am sure you can find a nice healthy chameleon for sale. If you get a chameleon from a forum member you will be getting a healthy, well established one. I know its hard to not get the one you wanted but maybe it was for the best. Keep your head up. The right chameleon will come into your life...:)

No, Munch. She was in Petco, Downey, CA. I know she had a damaged hand froma bad shedding, but I loved her anyway. I will post pics when I figure out how!

Oh that's cool. It's just we adopted our Munch from the Petco sale. It was me, my dad, and my sister. Good luck finding your Cham, though!

Hindsight is always 20/20.
Life would be much easier if we got to do do-overs :D
The good thing is that Jackson's are not super rare, so you will be able to find another.
I don't know if you are near any LLL Reptile stores but they often have them in their stores, as well as online for mail-order.
They are a forum sponsor and I mail-ordered a couple of Jackson's from them last year.
I was happy with the chams and the service.

http://lllreptile.com/

Private breeders on the classified forum can be a good source, as was mentioned.

Jackson's do need a huge cage, when compared to the size of the cham, so please read about their needs here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

Good luck in your cham search! :)

You will find your Jackson. Same thing hapened to me with a female at Petsmart. They do not hold a reptile even with full payment. I wasn't going to get her without a home to come to.

Now I have a great male Jackson and he had a home ready for him when I got him. :)

I second it

Look in the classifieds here in the forum. I am sure you can find a nice healthy chameleon for sale. If you get a chameleon from a forum member you will be getting a healthy, well established one. I know its hard to not get the one you wanted but maybe it was for the best. Keep your head up. The right chameleon will come into your life...:)

I know I'm new also but give the classifieds or sponsors a chance.

I would recommend not buying from Petco, buy from a private local breeder. Support local breeders who really love and care for the chameleons, instead of corporations who could give two bananas about a jackson.

This happened to me last weekend as well. Although I did have my cage ready for my chameleon already, I went to Petco in the morning and got there at 9:12 and they opened at 9:00. I was originally getting a veiled chameleon. Right when I walked in the store, there was someone checking out and had the last veiled chameleon. I got lucky thought because they also had a Jackson chameleon for sale, so I bought him:)

if you ask me you lucked out! petco/petsmart is NOT the way to get a cham they are always sick due to lack of care 8/

A couple of weeks ago, I was asking the list about a cute little Jackson's cham at Petco. I dithered, didn't get everything ready, and now somebody bought her at the sale this last weekend. I'm heartbroken, and so mad with myself. What I should have done, was pay for her, and then have them hold her for me until I was set up properly. (Sigh)
I hope she's OK. A dad bought her apparently,,and he had 2 kids with him, and had nothing ready either.
So, now I have to wait until I find another one, or maybe order one, but I would rather not have one flown here from back East. I'd like to choose her myself.
Anyway, just venting, sorry!

Chris

There is a very large reptile show in San Diego July 6 and 7. You could always take the train down and find one of many that will be for sale. Reptile shows are lots of fun. Do a post here someone from your area may be going. You have tons of cham keepers near you, there is no reason you would need to get one flown in to you.

I get so upset when I see chameleons at the pet store, They require so much more planning and knowledge than people usually have when buying a new pet at the pet store. I always just want to by all of the chameleons I ever see at a pet store so I know they will have a good home. But that is a little expensive so, no go for me. :(

I get so upset when I see chameleons at the pet store, They require so much more planning and knowledge than people usually have when buying a new pet at the pet store. I always just want to by all of the chameleons I ever see at a pet store so I know they will have a good home. But that is a little expensive so, no go for me. :(

Although, we should remember that without the sacrifice of some chams in local pet stores many people would never have given the hobby a look into. Less in the hobby means less breeders, vendors, owners, etc. I really feel bad for those little dudes in petco, petsmart, but I know that because of their sacrifice a few more people will get involved in cham training.

OP, I think you shouldn't worry about that petco cham. Get a cham from an online store, either a sponsored one or just do a Google search. You will come to find out that with shipping included, it will come out to about the same sale price that the big-box stores offer.

Back
Top Bottom