I'm afraid my baby is dying.

I definitely want another one. I loved my little Kush. I actually got him a pretty cool nametag on his cage, so my next one will probably also be named Kush. The breeder said he would let me have the healthiest boy from his next bunch. He also said he would let me have my money back or a female, but I think I am going to just ask for him to keep him a couple more months instead of either. I only want one right now and I just want him healthy and ready to come live with me.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments. He was a cool little guy and he was definitely loved an awful lot in his short little life. I got some pretty good pics of him. He's posing in one. I will have my husband post them later in the memoriam forum.

The breeder said he would let me have the healthiest boy from his next bunch. He also said he would let me have my money back or a female, but I think I am going to just ask for him to keep him a couple more months instead of either. I only want one right now and I just want him healthy and ready to come live with me.

I agree with your approach. I do hope the breeder got a wake up call about selling his chams too young! I hope you get to hand pick your new one in person!

Molly I am so sorry to hear of Kush's passing...I too was reading this thread with interest and the hope that he would turn the corner for you and live a long healthy life. Sadly, chams have a very delicate system and even the slightest issue or stress can upset the apple cart and be the start of a decline in health.

You have the passion, you have an excellent set-up and you've done your research. You are exactly the kind of 'newbie' keeper I like to hear of...dedication and love are what our little babes need to keep them going - so don't be discouraged, you've got what it takes to be a great chameleon Mommy, now you just need one a bit older, sturdy and healthy!

RIP Kush!

So sorry to see that baby Kush didn't make it. It is just devastating to lose a cham but even more when you work so hard to help them out.

It sounds like you are a great cham mom and did everything possible. Kush was just not doing well.

For future reference, check out Sandrachameleon's blogs on nutrition and gutloading. She has great info. There are lots of other sources of info too and you have time to study while waiting for Kush 2 to come home. :)

I definitely want another one. I loved my little Kush. I actually got him a pretty cool nametag on his cage, so my next one will probably also be named Kush. The breeder said he would let me have the healthiest boy from his next bunch. He also said he would let me have my money back or a female, but I think I am going to just ask for him to keep him a couple more months instead of either. I only want one right now and I just want him healthy and ready to come live with me.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments. He was a cool little guy and he was definitely loved an awful lot in his short little life. I got some pretty good pics of him. He's posing in one. I will have my husband post them later in the memoriam forum.

:(:(, I'm so sorry for your loss Molly.. If I had baby panther right now, I would send you one in a heartbeat..

Well, he died today while I was at work. When I woke up and turned his lights on, he was hanging by his tail from a leaf. I thought he was dead so I got him off and he started to crawl on my hand. He was pale with dark green circles. He could barely keep his eyes open. I tried to get him to drink but he wouldn't. I watered his cage and put him back on a leaf. My husband kept a close eye on him while I was gone, and soon after I left, he turned a grey color and right after that, he died. I am just devastated. I wanted him for so long and was so excited to get him. I researched for months to learn how to properly take care of him so I could give him the best home. This is just so sad.

He turned black over most of his face and upper body almost instantly after passing. Is this normal, or does this signify anything? Should I get rid of his plants before I get another chameleon? The breeder said he would give me his healthiest male and I can also either have my money back that I paid or get an unrelated female. Do you think another baby will be okay in the same cage? I do not want this to happen again. I wish I knew what has caused this but I really can't think of anything. I washed his plants really well and replanted them before I put him in there(also covered soil with large rocks, also cleaned). Could there have been something that maybe couldn't have been washed off the plant that could have made him ill?

Oh that's just heartbreaking... I wrote the "Chameleon Virus" blog about how addicting and amazing chameleons are. Someday I will write a follow-up about the devastating effect of them passing.

I'm truly sorry for your loss but encourage you to try again. If anyone should be a keeper, it is people like you who are passionate about providing the care they need and deserve.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss, I hope this experience doesn't discourage you from getting another

Back
Top Bottom