Identification Assistance!

word2urmother

Hoping to learn from some more experienced owners on here...bear with me, still fairly new at this.

I purchased a 3-4 month old male veiled chameleon about 2 months ago from one of the site sponsors and received this one...I am quite certain that it is not a male as it has no tarsal spur. Also more than fairly certain it is a panther. After reading through these threads my best guess is a female panther, but I would love to get expert opinions. He/she pretty much stays brown, has red speckles on its chin and some on it's body, also lightens up quite a bit when sleeping as shown in the blurry picture here. My main motivation for finding out is to properly for egg laying if it is a female. Thank you all in advance for your input!

IMG_1658.jpg
image0.jpeg
IMG_1653.jpg
IMG_1656.jpg
IMG_1658.jpg
IMG_1665.jpg
IMG_1667.jpg
IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_7540_Original.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 125
Wow! do you suppose they mixed up orders and somewhere someone is wondering what kind of panther has a casque and spurs?
That's definitely a member of the Furcifer genus. I'll leave it to the panther folk to narrow it down for you.
I would hope that's what happened...I can't imagine that both the sex AND type of chameleon could be mixed up by an experienced breeder haha. Thank you for your input!

I’d say contact them, if they got it this wrong I’m sure they’d replace it, I’d hope...

On the other hand, speaking strictly about the money side of you equation, you are definitely in the green.

Panther for veiled pricing, that’s a win.
That was my thought. Definitely a deal for what it is.

You got really lucky! These guys are very expensive and VERY pretty. I just hope that this didn’t happen to someone else I terms of gender and the chams has to suffer because they didn’t have the proper care:confused:.

You got a pretty good deal here...a lovely lady panther for the price of a male veiled. Better start working on that lay bin. :)
Absolutely. I’m glad I asked everyone here!
You got really lucky! These guys are very expensive and VERY pretty. I just hope that this didn’t happen to someone else I terms of gender and the chams has to suffer because they didn’t have the proper care:confused:.
I agree! I've got an egg laying bin ready for her already, glad I asked everyone though

Back
Top Bottom