I want to see your veileds! The best chameleons turn!

You don’t want to use tweezers bc it can cause damage to their tongue there’s a lot of horror stories of their tongues getting amputated for this reason
I’ve heard of the stories. I make sure I hold the cricket by a leg, and as his tongue goes forward I loosen the grip on the cricket so he can retrieve it. :) and it’s some clunky plastic blue ones not hemostats lol

I also make sure the cricket is facing him so it’s easier, and even if I didn’t let go he’d just rip the cricket off the thing cause I’m holding it by it’s leg just an extra precaution.

I’ve heard of the stories. I make sure I hold the cricket by a leg, and as his tongue goes forward I loosen the grip on the cricket so he can retrieve it. :) and it’s some clunky plastic blue ones not hemostats lol
It’s mostly if there tong hits the tweezers but even w those precautions I stil wouldn’t but that’s just me

I really wouldn’t use any tongs. There’s too much risk. Get some silkworms to hand feed, or even some treats like waxworms, hornworms or superworms.

I want to see ur veiled chameleons we have a thread that @ElliotG made for panther and On for Jackson’s that @Lindasjackson made so now it’s the king chameleon turn the best fiercest chameleon

Here’s Yoshi (cliché I know it’s a long story but my brothers made me do it)
Not a veiled but cute…

Attachments

• AF1279E4-7EFF-41A7-99E1-1B17FC44AC86.jpeg
    AF1279E4-7EFF-41A7-99E1-1B17FC44AC86.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 67
I really wouldn’t use any tongs. There’s too much risk. Get some silkworms to hand feed, or even some treats like waxworms, hornworms or superworms.
Still gross lol I’ll just get some medical grade gloves from work. They’re blue but hopefully it won’t throw him off. Are gloves harmful for chameleons? Powder free latex?

Still gross lol I’ll just get some medical grade gloves from work. They’re blue but hopefully it won’t throw him off. Are gloves harmful for chameleons? Powder free latex?
I’m that way about them being gross but hornworms I can actually handle I would try them

I don’t think the gloves are harmful. You could try using a small shallow cup or even a cup lid…like the ones some of the worms come in.
It won’t give the desired outcome. He’ll look at the cup instead of my hand.
I’m that way about them being gross but hornworms I can actually handle I would try them
I don’t like hornworms either. Germaphobe lol. And it’s gotta be a consistent thing, if I do a hornworm once a week he won’t become dependent on my hands giving him food.

Last edited:
It won’t give the desired outcome. He’ll look at the cup instead of my hand.

I don’t like hornworms either. Germaphobe lol. And it’s gotta be a consistent thing, if I do a hornworm once a week he won’t become dependent on my hands giving him food.
If you give him a hornworm once a week he would definitely become dependent on ur hands even if it’s in a bowl he will connect you with a good feeling

Ooooh that looks really good I might try it…. But bc it’s clear does that mess them up?

Back
Top Bottom