I want to build a custom Atrium enclosure for peach fuzz does anyone have some ideas?

What enclosure type should I build?

• Cylinder (idk) 3/3/4.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello, does anyone have any ideas for a custom atrium enclosure?
I can tell you what I know.

You'll find more ideas than you might think in the Enclosure Picture Threads (3 of them) at the top of this forum, and by perusing https://www.google.com/search?q=diy...XOW80KHVcgCK4Q_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1024&bih=625

Unless you live in a tropical/sub-tropical climate, a hybrid enclosure will be much easier to control both temperatures and humidities.

48W x 24D x 48H is an excellent size. The best all-around design I know of is this one by Zen Habitats. Before they started selling this one, I had already designed virtually the same thing. The more substantial frame can support the weight of lights, pots, backdrops, etc. without warping and jamming the doors shut.

If you do something different size-wise, I would not go deeper than 24" because:
  1. It's more difficult to find a drain pan & table/stand to put one on, and
  2. It's more difficult to reach further in than 24" to clean/maintain things.

Have you chosen/decided what materials you'd like to use for the frame & panels?
You'll find a lot of discussion on framing, sheeting, mesh (material & size), hardware, and other topics in the archives.

Back
Top Bottom