I want a Gracilior

ali9021

I know it sounds bratty but after discovering this forum, I have fallen in love with this species-- I am a novice however. Are they really difficult to keep? I have a male veiled at the moment he is very healthy but what an attitude! Ugh

Graciliors are very easy to keep. You keep them cool and wet. It can't get any simpler than that. No basking bulb! You will just need proper drainage.

PM @jajeanpierre . She is the only one stateside I know of that has a breeding colony. Plus, her animals are just in great condition because she puts everything she has into them.

Graciliors are very easy to keep. You keep them cool and wet. It can't get any simpler than that. No basking bulb! You will just need proper drainage.

PM @jajeanpierre . She is the only one stateside I know of that has a breeding colony. Plus, her animals are just in great condition because she puts everything she has into them.
Thank you!

I know it sounds bratty but after discovering this forum, I have fallen in love with this species-- I am a novice however. Are they really difficult to keep? I have a male veiled at the moment he is very healthy but what an attitude! Ugh

They really are very easy and very hardy. As Joel said, cool and wet, so you need an automatic mister. I think any chameleon, even a veiled needs a good mister.

And, yes, I think they make a great beginner's chameleon as long as you listen to me. You can't keep them like a veiled, though. I kept my veiled in my quad and gracilior room just giving him a basking bulb and turning the mister head to the side so his cage wasn't as wet as the graciliors' cages.

I have a few babies now. I possibly have an older one. If not, I have these babies but they need to grow a bit.

Thanks @jpowell86.

20170429_155915.jpg

Nowhere near you but they ship just fine. I box them up around 6:00 p.m. and you pick them up from a FedEx Ship Center the next morning, usually when they open.

You already have some great resources on this post but in my opinion I don't think any chameleon is too hard for someone as long as you have the right amount of time dedication and resources.

Yes I will be going to the reptile expo this Sunday near me and hopefully pick up more knowledge, supplies, etc. I will think about this as I don't want to make an impulsive decision but they are so gorgeous!

Yes I will be going to the reptile expo this Sunday near me and hopefully pick up more knowledge, supplies, etc. I will think about this as I don't want to make an impulsive decision but they are so gorgeous!

It is unlikely anyone at the reptile show will have any useful knowledge of the species. Just saying.

As far as this particular species goes, I probably have the largest collection of unrelated individuals in the world. Europe has two bloodlines--that's it, two bloodlines period. So far I've produced three completely unrelated bloodlines and have many more in the incubator.

It is unlikely anyone at the reptile show will have any useful knowledge of the species. Just saying.

As far as this particular species goes, I probably have the largest collection of unrelated individuals in the world. Europe has two bloodlines--that's it, two bloodlines period. So far I've produced three completely unrelated bloodlines and have many more in the incubator.
@jajeanpierre will you still be breeding them in the coming years do you think?

Oh don't worry I will be ordering one from you, just want to be prepared and hoping to get a good misting system

Oh don't worry I will be ordering one from you, just want to be prepared and hoping to get a good misting system

You absolutely need a good misting system. Honest, they are really easy as long as you don't let them get too hot. The humidity is easy to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom