I think my cham's afraid of me now

Mac Daddy Smitt

I took my juv. veiled chameleon out of its tank for a second to switch some stuff up and he climbed up my arm then neck then hair and ended up slipping ( cause i have super incredibly silky smooth hair) and falling a foot and a half into my hand(incredibly) and didnt make a noise or change to a darker colour cause ive heard dark means scared. the next day hes now dark purple/black/green and yellow which is strange cause 99% of the time hes lime green with a splotch or two of faded yellow. So im scared he might hate and fear me now. Am i right? what can i do to patch things up? thanks anything anyone can suggest would mean alot

I took my juv. veiled chameleon out of its tank for a second to switch some stuff up and he climbed up my arm then neck then hair and ended up slipping ( cause i have super incredibly silky smooth hair) and falling a foot and a half into my hand(incredibly) and didnt make a noise or change to a darker colour cause ive heard dark means scared. the next day hes now dark purple/black/green and yellow which is strange cause 99% of the time hes lime green with a splotch or two of faded yellow. So im scared he might hate and fear me now. Am i right? what can i do to patch things up? thanks anything anyone can suggest would mean alot

Welcome to the forums! We need some further information to try and help you out.

pics please

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

if i were you i would look for any broken bones or bruises, if you see any, take him to the vet, if not, wait a couple days. you might want to try giving him/her some extra tasty treats (superworms) to make it up him

ataraxia-
ill get back to you with the pic and info

ChameleonNerd-
I havent been able to see anything different about his physique should i take him anyway?

AND SAMCHAM1- NEVER lol naw i have short hair thats probably why he slipped

thanks ill get back to you all reallll soon

You`ll be amazed how forgiving Chams are. In my experience Gizzy has always been quick to forgive me after upsetting her. As Chamnerd suggests, a few tasty treats will surely build some bridges.

His colouring could be a sign of something more serious so I would keep a close eye on him or take him for a check up. I hope it`s nothing more serious than bruised pride :)

Back
Top Bottom