I think my Chameleon is unhappy :(

I still don’t know how are you guys are able to keep the humidity is so high at night. And I can’t even do that with an enclosed terrarium. That is why I got a Mister and a new terrarium that is all open.
Some can do it with intermittent nighttime mistings; others need/use a fogger.
There are variables (house humidity & temp, type of enclosure, more), just as with other aspects of husbandry. I wouldn't rush to order a fogger until you learn more about them and can make an informed decision.

Some can do it with intermittent nighttime mistings; others need/use a fogger.
There are variables (house humidity & temp, type of enclosure, more), just as with other aspects of husbandry. I wouldn't rush to order a fogger until you learn more about them and can make an informed decision.
I got a mister! I asked on here what the best one was and everyone said a king mist I think it’s called. So I ordered that! My house is cold at night so he def needs one

I got a mister! I asked on here what the best one was and everyone said a king mist I think it’s called. So I ordered that! My house is cold at night so he def needs one
Yes, that's an excellent mister—I have one. A fogger is different than a mister.
You may or may not need a fogger; it depends on whether you can maintain nighttime humidity without one, which will depend on several variables.

I would wait until your new enclosure & mister are up & running, and what temps & humidities you're achieving & maintaining.

1618581715792.png

Yes, that's an excellent mister—I have one. A fogger is different than a mister.
You may or may not need a fogger; it depends on whether you can maintain nighttime humidity without one, which will depend on several variables.

I would wait until your new enclosure & mister are up & running, and what temps & humidities you're achieving & maintaining.

View attachment 298768
Yes! 1000%! Thank you so much! If I have any more questions I’ll post them here!

I'm a new user.....what if I have a different problem.....I’m sorry, I don’t blog, again first time.
We all started out new and all had to learn...just trying to help you understand so it makes it easier for you and everyone!

You said that you just found out your chameleon is a girl? This means that you will have to deal with eggs.

We all started out new and all had to learn...just trying to help you understand so it makes it easier for you and everyone!

You said that you just found out your chameleon is a girl? This means that you will have to deal with eggs.
That’s fine, but what if I have a different issue I want to discuss? Do I make a new thread? And yeah I think that’s why the digging was happening yesterday. She doesn’t have an extra support on the back of her claws and her head isn’t as big as a boys which is why I think he’s a she.

Looks like it's a female!

They can lay eggs without having mated. If they are overfeed or kept too warm it will make her lay a huge clutch, likely develop MBD, may make her prolapse...so you will want to feed her well as she is growling but as she is getting almost full grown you want to cut her feeding back. You want to keep her basking temperature at 80F o slow her metabolism a bit.
You also need to provide a proper lay bin in her cage at all times so she has a proper place to lay the eggs.

More info in a few minutes!

Looks like it's a female!

They can lay eggs without having mated. If they are overfeed or kept too warm it will make her lay a huge clutch, likely develop MBD, may make her prolapse...so you will want to feed her well as she is growling but as she is getting almost full grown you want to cut her feeding back. You want to keep her basking temperature at 80F o slow her metabolism a bit.
You also need to provide a proper lay bin in her cage at all times so she has a proper place to lay the eggs.

More info in a few minutes!
I feed her about 7-8 crickets a day. Is that too much? Thank you so much!

Do you know how old she is?

Can you post a photo of her on something that will show her size and so I can see al of her from the side please?

Do you know how old she is?
Do you feed her every day?

Can you post a photo of her on something that will show her size and so I can see al of her from the side please?
She should be about a month old maybe 2. And yes I feed her everyday and yes
image.jpg

I called a vet and they said to wait until I get my new habitat and wait a week and if she looks weird were still trembling to bring her in.

Cute little chameleon!

Can you describe the trembling please? Is it something you see or do you feel it? Is it when she's walking?

Cute little chameleon!

Can you describe the trembling please? Is it something you see or do you feel it? Is it when she's walking?
Oh my goodness I’m not ready to be a grandma lol. I hope she can wait until next Friday before laying her eggs! Do you think I need one ASAP? If so I’ll need to get someone to get me a pot and plant. Also yes, when she walks she trembles but not when she moves. I can see it not feel it.

She won't lay eggs until she is older...they can start as early as 5 or so months if they are grown quickly. But they have to get their big girl colors before they even start producing them...and they'll be infertile if she has no mate....mustard yellow splotches and blue spots are the big girl colors.

She won't lay eggs until she is older...they can start as early as 5 or so months if they are grown quickly. But they have to get their big girl colors before they even start producing them...and they'll be infertile if she has no mate....mustard yellow splotches and blue spots are the big girl colors.
Ok phew. I can’t take care of many chameleons. She’s a lot 😆

Back
Top Bottom