I think my chameleon is sick

Ashley Rmz

Hi guys I’m really scared that my chameleon might be sick, she did not want to eat anything for the past 2 weeks and usually she doesn’t eat when she’s about to start shedding so we didn’t think much of it and wanted to see how she would do later, but she’s not eating at all and looks very weak. We have an appointment for the vet tomorrow but I’m really scared and I don’t know what to do anymore

Attachments

• 8BAD4C52-9D96-4224-917D-AE2AAF6CC92A.jpeg
    8BAD4C52-9D96-4224-917D-AE2AAF6CC92A.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 65
  • CA4BF694-04FF-4714-A84C-26931259A4EF.jpeg
    CA4BF694-04FF-4714-A84C-26931259A4EF.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 65
Hi there... Your girl has MBD quite severely. her limbs are all showing bowing and deformities and her casque is showing signs as well. I see you made an initial thread when you got her but did you make the changes that were given to you in this post specifically for supplementation, temps, and UVB lighting? https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-chameleon-won’t-eat.176154/post-1578026
She will need a vet that actually knows about chameleons and has experience with them. MBD in females is particularly bad because they end up having issues laying eggs and become egg bound.

She will need liquid calcium in addition to proper husbandry to recover from this. Sadly, her limbs won't likely ever be straight. Damage is or easy done to them.

With a female it's also important to control her diet so she won't produce large clutches and end up eggbound. How many insects do you feed her in a week? What's supplements do you use and how often for each...be specific please....especially concerning calcium, phos, D3 and vitamin A. What is the basking temperature? How old is she?

Back
Top Bottom