I think my chameleon died today

Harsh truth is. If he is in this shape there were many things likely wrong that were missed for too long. If he saw a vet today there would be little they could do. This damage takes a while to build up so it is not a quick cure. Sorry but if not already he will pass.

If these are animals you care about and are still interested. fill out the https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/ fill this out, give good pictures of animal and cage. People will be harsh, but if you do wish to keep these animals you will listen to them.
I also have a site that walks a beginner through the steps. www.caskAbove.com

Is he laying in the floor? Standing on. Branch?
Has his skin turned black? Is he breathing?
Photos would be very helpful.
Did you tell the vets it was a emergency?
He hasn’t turned black.. still has his color but his head cap is now white. The last couple days he would go to the floor of his enclosure. When I went to a store that specializes in reptiles they told me with my new light he would be doing better. But I didn’t call vet back to let them know it was an emery and I’m so regretting it now. I’ll reply with a photo, I wasn’t sure people would want to see it tho.

Harsh truth is. If he is in this shape there were many things likely wrong that were missed for too long. If he saw a vet today there would be little they could do. This damage takes a while to build up so it is not a quick cure. Sorry but if not already he will pass.

If these are animals you care about and are still interested. fill out the https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/ fill this out, give good pictures of animal and cage. People will be harsh, but if you do wish to keep these animals you will listen to them.
I also have a site that walks a beginner through the steps. www.caskAbove.com
He only started acting this way as of this last week. I thought I did enough research on my enclosure and he was fine as I had him for 3 years. I’m feeling terrible at this point. Thank you for the link, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to replace him anytime soon.

He only started acting this way as of this last week. I thought I did enough research on my enclosure and he was fine as I had him for 3 years. I’m feeling terrible at this point. Thank you for the link, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to replace him anytime soon

So if this all of a sudden in an older animal that is different. The hiding it rule still applies but differently. You are describing something different. It could be a fast infection, of organ damage from early on could have caught up.

I did not see your other post. I would see a vet as quickly as you can push them. It sounds like he was OK till this ? so if strong he could recover from infection. if that is what it turned out to be.
I am sorry for you loss.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 220
So if this all of a sudden in an older animal that is different. The hiding it rule still applies but differently. You are describing something different. It could be a fast infection, of organ damage from early on could have caught up.

I did not see your other post. I would see a vet as quickly as you can push them. It sounds like he was OK till this ? so if strong he could recover from infection. if that is what it turned out to be.
I am sorry for you loss.
I posted a photo. Would he have turned black? Could he still be kicking??

He hasn’t turned black.. still has his color but his head cap is now white. The last couple days he would go to the floor of his enclosure. When I went to a store that specializes in reptiles they told me with my new light he would be doing better. But I didn’t call vet back to let them know it was an emery and I’m so regretting it now. I’ll reply with a photo, I wasn’t sure people would want to see it tho.

I am sorry for you loss.
Could
Oh that's awful im so sorry! Yeah we need more information and pictures

Attachments

• 049A8C81-F438-4B50-A8BC-345CFB8894F8.jpeg
    049A8C81-F438-4B50-A8BC-345CFB8894F8.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 114
I don't want to sound rude, but if he is still hanging on, it is probably only by a (frayed) thread.
If it were me, I would put him in the freezer to end his suffering, if in fact he is still alive.

I don't want to sound rude, but if he is still hanging on, it is probably only by a (frayed) thread.
If it were me, I would put him in the freezer to end his suffering, if in fact he is still alive.
okay now I’ve cried for the 3rd time today. My boyfriend will be home in 30 min, I’m have him to it.

Back
Top Bottom