I think it's safe to say...

Jevin

Chameleon Enthusiast
That I don't have to worry about Chandler having issues from the pet store I got him from. In 11 days, I'll have owned him for two months and he'll have shed twice and never sits still it seems. That being said, I think it's safe to say he will never eat from a cup, I've tried multiple different styles and he refuses no matter how long I continue to use it, so it's free range food for him I guess, although, he's ruthless at it. I can put in 20 5 week old crickets in an hour after lights on and in less than a half hour he'll have hunted them all down.
1512596316572664817792.jpg

He also refuses to step over these two fake vines, he insists on climbing underneath them. He certainly lives up to his namesake so far lol

Being a bit more photogenic now lol
1512597362450517054263.jpg

This last shed he developed a lot of orange on him, mainly his chin, eye turrets, cheeks, spikes and belly. Although when he really fires up he gains a bright yellow background.

Just out of curiosity, because from what searching I've done, it seems like an orange background is not the most common or sought after colour for panther chameleons. If Chandler does develop a bright orange background colour, the thought of breeding him has crossed my mind. However, given my current situation, I would not be capable of doing the breeding and rearing myself. :(

4A1F539A-E453-4701-BABA-8048594F7C1C.jpeg
My ambilobe has a very heavy orange base color. The more he fires up, the more orange and yellow comes through. I realize this isn’t very common as well, but I’m extremely happy with his color.

My Panther definitely prefers hunting over cup feeding. He'll only eat his supers and the occasional hornworm out of my hand. My Veiled seems to want to cup feed more often. Just depends on his mood I suppose! Different personalities shining through.

See I'm not sure of Chandler's locale as he came from a pet store, most likely, he's an ambilobe. However, his Pj's are interesting.
20171204_224348.jpg

See I'm not sure of Chandler's locale as he came from a pet store, most likely, he's an ambilobe. However, his Pj's are interesting. View attachment 195984
Nice yellows. I guess that you could breed and sell most of the eggs, and keep maybe a couple to rear yourself. It would be easy, and you still get experiences you won't forget.

Nice yellows. I guess that you could breed and sell most of the eggs, and keep maybe a couple to rear yourself. It would be easy, and you still get experiences you won't forget.
See that's why I'm wondering if he might not be a true ambilobe, because when sleeping or really fired up, he goes from having a green body to being yellow. And rearing is more a matter of living in an apartment rather than a matter of not having the resources to do it.

See that's why I'm wondering if he might not be a true ambilobe, because when sleeping or really fired up, he goes from having a green body to being yellow.
I don't own an Ambilobe, but I don't think that would be weird. My little guy is about 5 months and getting his big boy colors of red and orange, and some really light yellow that may turn white (he is a tamatave). His night colors are base color neon yellow, with orange stripes or maybe red, depends though.

Yellow based chameleons are usually green and turn yellow when they fire up or sleeping. Most likely he’s ambilobe I would say

Back
Top Bottom