I think i screwed up with my female laying eggs

Jwillchamel

Established Member
I went to check on my female this morning and it looked like the hole caved in on her she was at the vary bottom and looked stuck i got her out it she is on day 24 of having eggs im hoping it was a test hole im worried

The sand probably too dry. A post I read last night for this very same thing said that you know it's moist enough if you can squeeze it and water doesn't come out but it still can hold its shape.

The sand probably too dry. A post I read last night for this very same thing said that you know it's moist enough if you can squeeze it and water doesn't come out but it still can hold its shape.
My female is on day 23 i didnt expect her to start digging so early i read it takes 35-40 days

I am sure they have cave ins in the wild on occasion in my opinion it is only something to worry about when the female is deep in or is not in the best shape. But don't quote me on that.

I am sure they have cave ins in the wild on occasion in my opinion it is only something to worry about when the female is deep in or is not in the best shape. But don't quote me on that.
She squirting out eggs rite now yay

20170702_200503.jpg

This happened to my female before. I got home from work and had a bad feeling, I went in just to peek and couldn't see her moving anywhere or dirt flying out of the pot. I decided to risk opening the cage, and saw just her tail sticking out of the dirt. I pulled her out, she was shocked and it took her awhile to shake it off but she went right back to it afterwards. Glad everything turned out well for you though.

Back
Top Bottom