I see my chameleon not drink that much.

Mxstical

My new chameleon Kraken doesn't really drink that much, I even try to mist him a lot and clean his eyes and stuff but I just don't see him drink that much. Maybe it's because I haven't seen him drink or he just doesn't drink in front of me or something. Help? <3

Does your cham run from the misting? If you are hand misting, I suggest a pump sprayer as apposed to a regular one. The pump give a finer mist and since it is steady, it resembles a real misting rain. Also a new cham is probably getting used to you and it's environment. I only see mine drink once and a while but they are healthy with white urates. (orange is a bad sign).

Do you use a dripper? I use mine 2 - 3 times a week set on a slow drip (about 1 per second) over some plastic plants (all other plants are live to help with humidity). This allows the chams to drink after I left the room at their leisure, not when I decide to water them. If you need a temporary dripper, a plastic disposable cup with a small pin hole works nicely. I actually use the plastic cup most of the time. I can't regulate it as much but their are no tube for mold and bacteria to harbor.

In the wild, many chams get a lot of their water from the humidity and live plants help with this.... it at least slows down the dehydration process.

https://www.dollargeneral.com/trueliving-one-liter-pump-sprayer-assorted.html

Does your cham run from the misting? If you are hand misting, I suggest a pump sprayer as apposed to a regular one. The pump give a finer mist and since it is steady, it resembles a real misting rain. Also a new cham is probably getting used to you and it's environment. I only see mine drink once and a while but they are healthy with white urates. (orange is a bad sign).

Do you use a dripper? I use mine 2 - 3 times a week set on a slow drip (about 1 per second) over some plastic plants (all other plants are live to help with humidity). This allows the chams to drink after I left the room at their leisure, not when I decide to water them. If you need a temporary dripper, a plastic disposable cup with a small pin hole works nicely. I actually use the plastic cup most of the time. I can't regulate it as much but their are no tube for mold and bacteria to harbor.

In the wild, many chams get a lot of their water from the humidity and live plants help with this.... it at least slows down the dehydration process.

https://www.dollargeneral.com/trueliving-one-liter-pump-sprayer-assorted.html
Thank you for your reply! and yes, I do use a pump mister and he seems to like that somewhat. Sometimes he gets spooked when I mist him.

Thank you for your reply! and yes, I do use a pump mister and he seems to like that somewhat. Sometimes he gets spooked when I mist him.
That may change with time... although mine seem to kinda get startled when I first start, then they are like "oooooohhhh! Water. Water is good." Then they relax and seem to intentionally rinse their eyes and enjoy the bath.

Back
Top Bottom