I need some feedback to make corrections plz

Lindz

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon – Male Flap neck Chameleon, around 5 months? He’s been in my care for about 3 weeks.
• Handling – Once ever couple of days
• Feeding – Crickets (6) every day, I gut load them with Fluker’s Orange Cube Complete Cricket Diet. Offered some Supers but wasn’t interested.
• Supplements – Repti-Cal Vit, Cal w/ D3, Cal w/o D3 is being ordered.
• Watering – I’m currently used the Fluker’s dripper. I mist the old fashion way for not very long but do it about 4 or 5 times a day. I have only seen him drink once but not from the dripper.
• Fecal Description – It’s solid and slimy and the urate is majority yellow with a little bit of white. He goes once about every other day. He also hasn’t been tested.
• History – I have no previous info on him.

Cage Info:
• Cage Type – Exo-Terra glass cage 24x18x24. Wanting a screen cage just don’t have the money for it right now.
• Lighting – Exo-Terra compact top with a 60W basking, 60W daylight, 2.0 fluorescent bulb. I have a 5.0 on order as well.
• Temperature – Day temps 70-90, Night temps 60-70. I measure it using a thermometer.
• Humidity – Humidity level is 30. It goes up once I mist the cage but it never stays up. I have a gauge for that as well.
• Plants – Pothos
• Placement – Away from any windows or air vents. It’s 4ft off the floor on a stand.
• Location - Missouri

Current Problem – Keeping him hydrated and humidity levels up.

I was told this was a proper enclosure for a chameleon by a pet store owner. The one I work for actually. Now I know it's not.

sounds like you are doing you research seeing you have the reptisun linear 5.0 and correct supplements on the way...for keeping humidity up the glass cage really helps but it seems you are still having problems, try bubble wrap on part of the top screen

sounds like you are doing you research seeing you have the reptisun linear 5.0 and correct supplements on the way...for keeping humidity up the glass cage really helps but it seems you are still having problems, try bubble wrap on part of the top screen
Plastic and glass block UVB.

By the way, if you were in the area I'd trade you a screen cage for the Exo Terra. :) I bet someone else might be willing to do the same if you post an ad on the site or craigslist. Doesn't hurt to check.

The top is screen. Sorry forgot to mention that.

Where are you in Missouri? My sister can loan you a screen cage or trade the screen for the terrarium you have. Send me a pm & hopefully I can help you out. My sis is in Springfield.

Back
Top Bottom