I need some advice

kitty808

I went to check on my husbands Chameleon and i noticed her mouth was all bloody and her tongue sticking out (picture provided showing her tongue sticking out, i cleaned up the blood that was on her mouth). she was perfectly fine this morning. what could be wrong and what should i do.

Attachments

• WIN_20231008_15_58_49_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20231008_15_58_49_Pro.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
free range ( we put the crickets in the cage for her to hunt them)
Ok so I’m not an expert by any means so it wouldn’t hurt to get advice from others. BUT it’s possible she hit a branch or something else in her enclosure in a funky way when she was eating and hurt her tongue. I have read posts on here where that has happened. I would highly recommend getting her to a good vet.

*Update*
was able to find a vet that specializes in reptiles. however, sadly we had to euthanize her. The vet said she must have hid how sick she was, and there was no way for us to tell she was sick until it was too late. Sounded like she had an abscess in the back of her mouth. Thank you all for the advice and we were able to get her to the vet so we can put an end her suffering.

*Update*
was able to find a vet that specializes in reptiles. however, sadly we had to euthanize her. The vet said she must have hid how sick she was, and there was no way for us to tell she was sick until it was too late. Sounded like she had an abscess in the back of her mouth. Thank you all for the advice and we were able to get her to the vet so we can put an end her suffering.
Oh im so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you and your family.

If you choose to get another Chameleon down the road I hope you will stick around the Forums and share your experience with us.

❤️❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom