I need help

reptimanny

I have done most of my research on raising baby veiled chameleons but i didnt realize untill my first hatchling today that i would be freaking out so much on getting everything right. here is a pic of the cage im putting them in. I have a 5.0 coil for uvb and i know i know about the linear and how it is better but i am stranded at home with my kids and thats all i have right now. i also have a house bulb for heat cause it is kinda warm in my house and i dont want them to overheat. i misted the cage before i put the first hatchling in and he seems fine but i know the mortality rate on babies is kinda high so i want to make this as good as i can get it please help with suggestions.

Attachments

• 2011-04-28 15.08.51#1.jpg
    2011-04-28 15.08.51#1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 126
Looks good. Veils are pretty easy, I would just add small dowels / branches under lamp / heat source. And also up and down vertical branches. Also have lots of small insects on hand, and let the fun begin.

It will all be okay. Baby veileds are the hardest of cham babies. You said your home is warm and you have a heat bulb? What kind of temps do you have? They are babies, just don't overheat them. If you have an older coil uvb don't put it over the babies, just get a tube type as soon as you can, and that needs to be within the week at the latest. I will post again soon, sorry.

thank you thank you thank you i have a regular 60 watt house bulb for the warmth for now and i have the coil for now but i will soon get the reptisun tube uvb lighting setup. i need to know if i need the 5.0 for the babies or the 10 and also i was wondering when should i feed them? I make sure the temps stay around the high 70's to low 80's. I am so excited i cant stop looking at the unhatched eggs hoping to catch a glimpse of the hatching process. Im gonna take some pics soon just waiting for more babies to come:D

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. If your house is warm you probably want need a basking light at all. The highest temp should be 80. I used an older 5.0 tube on my babies. The new lights seemed to bother their eyes. They normally want eat for 1 to 2 days. To start with I use HD fruit flies and pin head crickets. Post #10 here has pictures of my bins. https://www.chameleonforums.com/baby-bins-enclosures-56164/

Can you find him? Here is my first born( third born if your counting my 2 children:p)

Attachments

• 2011-04-28 16.33.53.jpg
    2011-04-28 16.33.53.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 2011-04-28 16.33.22#1.jpg
    2011-04-28 16.33.22#1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 94
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. If your house is warm you probably want need a basking light at all. The highest temp should be 80. I used an older 5.0 tube on my babies. The new lights seemed to bother their eyes. They normally want eat for 1 to 2 days. To start with I use HD fruit flies and pin head crickets. Post #10 here has pictures of my bins. https://www.chameleonforums.com/baby-bins-enclosures-56164/

Thanks i have been waiting to see their little faces for 6 months:D. now do i feed them on day one or after 1-2 days?

You are going to have the time of your life. Baby veileds are so much fun. Your first little guy is adorable!

I didn't take my babies out as soon as they hatched. My daughter says to leave them in and they wake up all the others. I had three hatch on a Sat afternoon and the rest Sunday morning.

its been almost 3 days since my little guy hatched and still no brothers or sisters. I mean some of the eggs are dented looking and i dont quite know what that means. I have heard that they dent a little before they hatch, anyone know about this?

Jann, the egg I talked about on my other thread keeps sweating.It started 5 days ago. Is that too long for it to be sweating?

Back
Top Bottom