I Need HELP!!

chamlover

A couple of weeks ago i started a thread named "when do you bring them to the vets" or something like that. Anyway, my panther happily laid 31 or so eggs and she is recovering nicely. However, nobody really paid attention to my female veiled's question. She still has not laid her eggs!! I put her in the bucket, she digs, puts her butt in for hours, and even buries it (sometimes). But to date, still has not laid her eggs. She hasn't eaten, she is now dehydrated as well. I will be given her a shower immediately to try to rehydrate her. I have put a bucket in her cage, she wouldn't use it, so i continued to use the trash can method every other day. But still nothing. Is it now time to bring her to the vet? I was also considering given her an injection of calcium because i know that is exactly what the vet will do, of course he will hydrate her as well by injection, which i can't. Is it time to give it up and bring her in or do i give her a few more days?

Thanks everyone,

Debby

I forgot to mention, the eggs are not fertile, she has never been mated, she is only approx 7-8 mos old.

Debbby

Does she look full of eggs? If so, and she has been repeatedly been butt down in holes with no luck, I would take her in.

A couple of weeks ago i started a thread named "when do you bring them to the vets" or something like that. Anyway, my panther happily laid 31 or so eggs and she is recovering nicely. However, nobody really paid attention to my female veiled's question. She still has not laid her eggs!! I put her in the bucket, she digs, puts her butt in for hours, and even buries it (sometimes). But to date, still has not laid her eggs. She hasn't eaten, she is now dehydrated as well. I will be given her a shower immediately to try to rehydrate her. I have put a bucket in her cage, she wouldn't use it, so i continued to use the trash can method every other day. But still nothing. Is it now time to bring her to the vet? I was also considering given her an injection of calcium because i know that is exactly what the vet will do, of course he will hydrate her as well by injection, which i can't. Is it time to give it up and bring her in or do i give her a few more days?

Thanks everyone,

Debby

***The vet might decide to give Oxytocin, and might also assist with the dehydration. Dehydration can inhibit egg laying too, IIRC. So hydrate the heck out of her, take her to the vet, get the oxytocin, and then leave her alone.

Yeah, that is basically what i was thinking, the only thing is we really don't feel any eggs, but she does have all the symtoms. Digging, not eating and suck, But i took her out of the shower and put her back in her cage and she immediately went to her dripper. She seems awful shaky as well, probably from not eating.Vets already closed, ill call tomorrow. thanks

Debby

Thanks stevereecy, I ddin't know that dehydration could do that. I have had a viral flu this week and because i am the main caretaker they haven't been misted as often as they are use to. Auto mister is on order. She will be in the vets office tomorrow .

Debby

You said..."I put her in the bucket, she digs, puts her butt in for hours, and even buries it (sometimes). But to date, still has not laid her eggs"...if she is really filling in the hole because she "thinks" she has laid the eggs, then she is in trouble. Is this the same female that you were posting about in early February?

You said..."i continued to use the trash can method every other day"...so you move her in and out of the trash can every other day?? This is not what should be done...the idea is to leave her alone....not keep disturbing her.

You said..."Is it now time to bring her to the vet?"...the time to take her to the vet was before she started filling in holes that have no eggs in them IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom