i need advice about a few things.

XxChantellexX

First off I have a male senegal and I leave a dripper on over his leaves, but it keeps floodingthe bottom of his tank. Second, how often should I change the terrarium liner.?

well to begin welcome.. And u will need to raise the cage at least 6 inches or so and get something to support it. Put a bin of some kind under the cage to catch the excess water that runs down from your drip. Also get live plants and have the water run into those also before going into the container you will be using. it will help a lil with so much water in the bin going through the dirt in the pots.

I have a glass tank. An exo terra tank just till he gets bigger. I have a large stick and jungle fake vines. I put a matt in the bottom that a petshop owner recomended. I also put a rock dish under his fake plant to catch some of the water from his fake plant but the cage keeps filling up at the bottom. I can send pics to people in the u.s. I really need help.

You have a few options.
You can "plant" it, with layers of hydroballs, sand, and dirt.
You can drill through the glass(using a glass drill bit, Ive drilled through glass with regular bits, but its "tricky")
or(this is what I would do) you can take a hammer to the bottom, and "remove" the entire glass bottom. Then get a sheet of pvc/plastic/plexiglass and put it on the bottom, and drill holes in that.

There will always be "overflow", you just need to control it.
Most people wind up drilling a hole, and have the water drip through the hole into a tub/bucket. You can get fancy and use pvc to "plumb" a drain.
If you are concerned about his eating, I would fill out the "how to ask for help" form in the health section of the forum, and post it in a new thread. :)

Don't know if you solved the prob yet. but I use a pump like the ones on the waterfalls and pump the extra water out of the bottom of my glass cage.

Back
Top Bottom