i need a pat on the back!!!!

azula

So i just got a job at one of our two small petstores where i liveand a few weeks ago they got a shipment of three different kinds of chameleons....long story shprt the store does not know how to take care of them... but luckily now i work here! Anyway inthe four days that i've worked here i sold all three chameleons to people who at first didn't know anything about them (just thought they were "cool") but after about an hour of me giving them advice and this forum now they know more about them. :) there's three chameleons that wont die because of me :D yay! I feel good

You should feel good! :).

This week our local news did a piece on a local petstore that I had stopped going to because of their reptile section. They were using all 10 gallon tanks for everything, and the cages were usually filthy. I was really pleased to see that they switched to Exoterra's and screen cages for the chameleons! Myself and a few other members of this forum had been trying to "educate" them for quite awhile. It was nice to see they finally made the change!

Ya it really does amaze me how little pet stores know... if i owned a petstore i would want all the animals in my store to be healthy... most petstores now just care about the money and spending as little as possible on the supplies.. its really very sad

That's why I could never work in a pet store - I wouldn't let anyone buy the animals!! I'd go out of business pretty fast treating everything for every problem and not letting idiots buy them. :)

You do deserve a pat on the back. Good job, do they know to come back to you if they had problems? I hope they do join the forum.

You should feel good! :).

This week our local news did a piece on a local petstore that I had stopped going to because of their reptile section. They were using all 10 gallon tanks for everything, and the cages were usually filthy. I was really pleased to see that they switched to Exoterra's and screen cages for the chameleons! Myself and a few other members of this forum had been trying to "educate" them for quite awhile. It was nice to see they finally made the change!

Would that store happen to be located in Dunedin? They make me mad...

Would that store happen to be located in Dunedin? They make me mad...

Yes-the one and only. I have not been there for almost 3 years. They would have adult chams in critter keepers, no lights, living in their own crap. From what I could see on the news there, all the chams were in screen. I still have no use for them however, and they will not get my business back.

Ya i gave them my number in case they need anything :) that store in dunedin sounds horrible... my petstore is pretty bad... but that sounds just horrible!

Yeahhhhh! Good feeling right! Now all you need to do is get your store to start stocking Captive Bred animals and you are really making a difference!

I just got a job at Petsmart today so I get to help out with their reptiles but from what I saw they did a pretty good job other then the boa's imo

Yes-the one and only. I have not been there for almost 3 years. They would have adult chams in critter keepers, no lights, living in their own crap. From what I could see on the news there, all the chams were in screen. I still have no use for them however, and they will not get my business back.

They are actually who I got my guy from. I walked in, said I wanted somethin to go in an old cage, and I got him at almost 2.5 months old. Told me I didn't need lights right away, he'd be ok for a few weeks till I got to it, only feed 3 small crickets a day, nothing about gutloading or watering... I'm scared to know what happened to his siblings. Most now are in glass cages, only water bowls (all urates yellow or orange) and a stick or two. Some have proper lighting, some have one or the other basking/uvb. They're trying to sell an adult right now with what I think has major mouth rot. Thankfully I found this forum 2 days after I got Basil, saved my baby's life.

Back
Top Bottom