I need a good roach chow recipe.

Repti

Established Member
Anyone knows a good roach chow recipe? I was using a commercial one, which I think is just ok so I wanna try to make my own.

Anyone knows a good roach chow recipe? I was using a commercial one, which I think is just ok so I wanna try to make my own.
Depends on how many you’re feeding and your budget. Also, it depends whether you’re trying to get your colony to explode, and only gutloading a few, or whether you’re gutloading the entire colony all the time. @jamest0o0 is the guy to ask.

Depends on how many you’re feeding and your budget. Also, it depends whether you’re trying to get your colony to explode, and only gutloading a few, or whether you’re gutloading the entire colony all the time. @jamest0o0 is the guy to ask.
I don’t need a lot of Dubias so I want quality over quantity and gutloading the whole colony sounds better to me.

I had the more is better mindset but now I have wayyy more roaches than I can deal with for a single male panther. I am going to try selling them on ebay or something. I turned off the heat mat to hopefully stop the breeding.

I had the more is better mindset but now I have wayyy more roaches than I can deal with for a single male panther. I am going to try selling them on ebay or something. I turned off the heat mat to hopefully stop the breeding.

There is a simpler solution.

Buy more Chams :).

Saw a video online about a guy using oatmeal, wheat thins, cornflakes and bee pollen but I don’t know how healthy it will be for the roache, seems like its only filler other then the bee pollen.

Saw a video online about a guy using oatmeal, wheat thins, cornflakes and bee pollen but I don’t know how healthy it will be for the roache, seems like its only filler other then the bee pollen.
Again, this is a complex issue. Different insects will have different digestive capabilities and different digestive enzymes, allowing them to sequester different nutrients from different feeds. If you’re really interested in the best gutload ingredients, check out the tortoise and herbivore forums. They usually have pretty solid lists contains info such as oxalate and goitrogen content, other nutrient inhibiting substances, ca : p ratios and vitamin content.

Back
Top Bottom