I LOST MY CHAMELEON IN A BUSH

I wish someone would make a collapsable enclosure for us that could be adjusted on panels, I have no way of easily letting my panther get some fresh air without constant monitoring. We live in the woods and there are raptors all over, everything from peregrines to crows and every hawk and eagle between. Not only that but a squirrel would not think twice of grabbing a lizard. Snakes, even bullfrogs are a constant danger. I found some baby snapping turtles in our in ground pool skimmer and when I went to release them at dusk, a frog swam 10 feet towards me and tried to grab one OUT OF MY HAND!!!! Needless to say I brought them to a different spot. I have seen accurate reports of frogs eating reptiles and even after a week the reptile was still alive (turtle) albeit half dead... a pet store account of a shopkeeper losing baby turtles and eventually cutting open a frog to find still living turtles - which made a full recovery but were damaged for life- after a week sitting in a frog's stomach. Awful.

What is out there that can be easily set up on concrete where nothing can grab them? Bird cages are out of my price range, I am looking for something $50 or so and although I have some strong wire mesh and plenty of scrap wood I'm not handy... looks easy on paper until you try and put something together and "U" staples or nails don't really hold.
Maybe the OP would benefit from a setup like this too. If anyone has plans or a ready made product fill us in!

I did find him!!! Little jericho was very surprised last night when he woke up inside the house. I cut him down from the branch he was on so he didnt wake up and brought him inside. I am posting pictures to give people an idea of what to do if they lose their cham lol

Searching for him at night was a huge help, the moment the light touched his little body he lit up like chinese firecrackers. I was so happy to see him, I instantly grabbed the ladder and the clippers then got him down haha

(The preview is giving me double pictures so hopefully it doesnt do that because I only added 1 pic per scene)
View attachment 234394View attachment 234394View attachment 234395View attachment 234396View attachment 234397View attachment 234398View attachment 234394View attachment 234395View attachment 234396View attachment 234397View attachment 234398View attachment 234394View attachment 234395View attachment 234396View attachment 234397View attachment 234398View attachment 234394View attachment 234395View attachment 234396View attachment 234397View attachment 234398View attachment 234394View attachment 234395View attachment 234396View attachment 234397View attachment 234398View attachment 234394View attachment 234395View attachment 234396View attachment 234398View attachment 234397
Glad you found him!!

So glad you found him also! Thats aweome. Now I can suggest the one person with a leafblower, and someone on the other side with baseball glove technique, kidding. Really happy to hear you found him, I know that would worry the crap out of me too, nice job!

Take a pic of the back legs we can sex for you
So I was busy with horses yesterday and today but Ive realized he is a she!!! There are no little things on the hind legs, and her crest is a lot smaller than other chameleons of the same age. Silly girl, I love you. She trusts me more than anyone else but she still tries to run and play hide and seek with me. I DONT GET IT LOL

Is there any chance of her laying eggs while she has a growth stunt even if she reaches the age marker?

I assume there needs to be a male for eggs to be fertile?
Honestly your just going to have to watch her behavior/coloring/wight this is the best way to tell if she’s laying eggs. Yes there needs to be a male to make the eggs fertile. Keep in mind once mates a female can retain sperm for a year

Honestly your just going to have to watch her behavior/coloring/wight this is the best way to tell if she’s laying eggs. Yes there needs to be a male to make the eggs fertile. Keep in mind once mates a female can retain sperm for a year
She just started shedding... what do I look for exactly?

I have only had him for less than a week it is a Male panther dont know age or background I have tried unsuccessfully tried feeding dubios crickets super worms all with the vitamin powder they gave me when I got him gut load is I'm not sure of the brand name it is the only one they carry at my local pet store uvb light is exo terra uvb100 not sure of the basking light and they are both in zoo med dome I have a very clean fountain by zoo med and I must him and plants for about 1 min I have a ficus plant and several plastic plants some vines I got from the pet store

I have only had him for less than a week it is a Male panther dont know age or background I have tried unsuccessfully tried feeding dubios crickets super worms all with the vitamin powder they gave me when I got him gut load is I'm not sure of the brand name it is the only one they carry at my local pet store uvb light is exo terra uvb100 not sure of the basking light and they are both in zoo med dome I have a very clean fountain by zoo med and I must him and plants for about 1 min I have a ficus plant and several plastic plants some vines I got from the pet store
Your not posting in your thread hun.

Also you're going to want to copy and paste the help form than fill it out. The devil is in the details and you're not giving us all the details we need either.

Back
Top Bottom