i have transitioned

giaindell

from december till just about a week ago ive been using the traditional hand sprayer well...i went too home depot and i found this magical object haha
http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-G...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 :D
this is mostly made for watering or fertilizing plants but i am using it too mist my chams enclosures and it works quite well! sooo if your used too the traditional hand sprayers why dont you try out this ! i abs love it and the price is cheap compared too paying so much more from a brand name reptile supply.
i dont mean to sound like a advertisement but seriously its worth the money!
lol

I had one of these before I couldn't take it anymore and bought a mistking. Definately an improvement over using a pump spray bottle. If I wasn't ultra-lazy I would have kept with it for a while hahaha.

I had one of these before I couldn't take it anymore and bought a mistking. Definately an improvement over using a pump spray bottle. If I wasn't ultra-lazy I would have kept with it for a while hahaha.

yeahh i would butt i have 3 different enclosures throughout my room, far apart but yeah i think im going to be keeping this for a while haha i have too much time on my hands so its okay haha

Awesome idea no refilling needed no matter how many chams you have (well a possibility of a refill)!! I am almost to that point, the motomister has been a god send though. I water these chams 5 times per day and the carpet is so special he get’s 6:eek:

I am too getting frustrated with hand mister and plan on buying a mistking but heres my issue, I have to change out Ozzies cage every other day due to the lil dripper and my hand misting totally soaking the bottom paper towls in his habitat. Does anyone have a solution for this? I am all ears:confused:

I am too getting frustrated with hand mister and plan on buying a mistking but heres my issue, I have to change out Ozzies cage every other day due to the lil dripper and my hand misting totally soaking the bottom paper towls in his habitat. Does anyone have a solution for this? I am all ears:confused:

Your going to need to drill a hole and attach a small piece of PVC pipe to drain the water into a container or buy a substrate tray, I am going to attempt this in the morning on the 2 new cages if I can find the right drill bits to do it!:confused: I remember when dh did it, so I should be ok. I will put up a video if I don’t ruin the first table and floor!

How do I drill a hole in glass?:eek:
Your going to need to drill a hole and attach a small piece of PVC pipe to drain the water into a container or buy a substrate tray, I am going to attempt this in the morning on the 2 new cages if I can find the right drill bits to do it!:confused: I remember when dh did it, so I should be ok. I will put up a video if I don’t ruin the first table and floor!

Have you tried using Hand towels? thats what I use when there is not drainage. I just go buy new ones from the dollar store.

ROFLMBO! Ok I was waiting for DIY cages to get in the one I wanted but I can't wait no longer and must order one from LLL. I will get the screen cage and the pan for the inside and the pan for the outside too!
O crap:confused: not sure (you can’t) dang it Bob!! lol

ROFLMBO! Ok I was waiting for DIY cages to get in the one I wanted but I can't wait no longer and must order one from LLL. I will get the screen cage and the pan for the inside and the pan for the outside too!

There ya go... Or one step further, call a glass replacement/glass cutting business explain (or try to) what you are wanting to achieve, now 1 of 2 things will happen they will break the entire unit (which you will have to agree to before they touch it!) or do what you are going to do buy a screen cage.... So frustrating I know but worth a try for #1 that is, if you are going to invest in another cage anyway! Sorry I was just trying to help.:cool: Sorry for high- jacking this post :eek:

from december till just about a week ago ive been using the traditional hand sprayer well...i went too home depot and i found this magical object haha
http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-G...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 :D
this is mostly made for watering or fertilizing plants but i am using it too mist my chams enclosures and it works quite well! sooo if your used too the traditional hand sprayers why dont you try out this ! i abs love it and the price is cheap compared too paying so much more from a brand name reptile supply.
i dont mean to sound like a advertisement but seriously its worth the money!
lol

next up-grade transition : mist king..LOL

It is an Eco Terra glass habitat. I got it off craigslist with everything for $40 and I knew it was temporary so I am just going to have to order a screen cage earlier than planned but its not a problem really since I cup feed Ozzie anyways and that is the only reason why I started small is because I was afraid he wouldn't be able to find his food in such a huge cage. It will be just keeping the screen in the correct temps and humdity now, it was pretty easy in a glass habitat. Thanks for the advice Kansascity;)

Back
Top Bottom