I have a question about drip trays, I'm confused.

Vee

Okay, I know this is probably a dumb question, but oh well.

Where do you put a drip tray? In the inside of the cage? Or does it go on the around the outside?

I have a big pothos plant already and I have some log decoration that sits on the bottom as well.

I am looking at the drip trays from tiki tiki reptiles

This: http://www.tikitikireptiles.com/includes/tng/pub/popup_image.php?id=KT_thumbnail1&n=0

It's not the right size, I have a 18x18x36 cage.

Sorry for the stupid question.

LLL Reptile (Sponsor button, top right) has a 18 by 18 tray for $22.59. This tray exactly fits the bottom.
If you have an automated spraying system, you might eant to put the cage in a bigger tray, as spray tends to go through the screen, they sell a 24 by 24 also.

LLL Reptile (Sponsor button, top right) has a 18 by 18 tray for $22.59. This tray exactly fits the bottom.
If you have an automated spraying system, you might eant to put the cage in a bigger tray, as spray tends to go through the screen, they sell a 24 by 24 also.

So how am I supposed to clean the water out. Just take it off? Will I have to move my take my plant out?

So how am I supposed to clean the water out. Just take it off? Will I have to move my take my plant out?

You either have to modify the drip tray to drain the water off with a tube into a bucket, or you will have to take the cage off the tray and empty it, and put it all back.

Most people add a drain in a corner and have the excess water drain into a catch container (sometimes using tubing.) I personally don't use them, and just drill holes into the center of the plastic floor so that the water drains through. Plant pots are helpful to make the plastic bend just a little so that the water all goes towards the center. When you raise the cage, you can put something under it to catch the water, or you can rig something up so that you can direct the water into a bucket/bigger container to empty less often. If you go the latter route, you can also just rig the drainage down through whatever you are using to raise the cage.

Back
Top Bottom