I hate ups

codiwatkins

So I have been up since 6:45 am pacing around my aprtment waiting for my baby veiled cham from Lance to get here and he still hasnt come!!! GEESH whats the hold up. He left out for delivery at 6:53 this morning.....:eek:

So what happens if He doesnt get here by 10:30( hope he does becasue Im suppose to be at work at 11!) Do they give you the shipping money back or what??

Sorry I just needed to rant about it!! Im so anxious it sucks!:D

for me, it seems, UPS got to my parents' house by 12:00 noon. Usually they never got there by 10:30. It's always due to weather(*cough*bull$hit*cough*, on their paperwork, and they do not give a refund.

Knowing UPS' operations, it was a very bad idea to plan on being free to work by 11:00AM! Hehe nothing you could have known, after all, that
s what UPS says.

When I expect an animal shipment, I make sure I have someone at the house ALL DAY. I've even taken the day off. Occationally, you can have it so that YOU pick the animal up from the UPS location. This way, you get it early - and they dont' have to sit in a UPS truck.

Be sure to look on your doorstep. Our UPS drivers here just leave it there and don't bother to knock or ring the doorbell (even though they are supposed to actually see a human being to get a signature). I can't tell you how many times I've been waiting for a cham delivery and I look out and there it was just sitting there. :mad:

well that is great!!! I suppose I should call and tell them Im going to be late..........This sucks!!! Is there any way you can call them??

A few weeks ago, UPS put my chams on the wrong truck and returned them to the UPS hub. They rescheduled them to be delivered 3 days later. :mad: Thank goodness I had been following the status on the website. I ended up having to drive an hour each way to pick my chams up at the hub. Needless to say I was MAD. :mad: They pretty much told me "oh well", and never offered to correct the situation in any way.

Yes. Did you receive a confirmation from whomever sent you the package. There should be an "800" number on there somewhere. If not, just google them and call whatever number you can find. One time, my husband actually had UPS on the phone while he was in the car trying to find the truck as UPS was on the phone with their driver - the people sending the delivery put the wrong address on the package so we were trying to get to the chams before they ended up sitting in a truck somewhere.

A few weeks ago, UPS put my chams on the wrong truck and returned them to the UPS hub. They rescheduled them to be delivered 3 days later. :mad: Thank goodness I had been following the status on the website. I ended up having to drive an hour each way to pick my chams up at the hub. Needless to say I was MAD. :mad: They pretty much told me "oh well", and never offered to correct the situation in any way.

Good grief. I swear if we could get deliveries via internet, I would be all over that. I have been so disgusted with UPS lately! :mad:

WOW!!! Dont they know that a live animal is in the box???:mad:

No luck with the number on an email I found a 1877 number Im going to call....

Yes I understand how you feel cody.. I've been waiting for my two 2x2x4 cages for like 4 days now.. Hopefully they show up today

WOW!!! Dont they know that a live animal is in the box???:mad:

They are SUPPOSED to know that there is a live animal in the box - but they don't care. They treat all boxes the same.

Also, are you sure it was supposed to be there at 10:30?? There is "before 10:30" and "before noon". I had someone once put "before noon" when I requested and paid extra for "before 10:30". You can check that with your tracking number when you call them.

Hes here!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh man he cam out of his sack ttrying to bite me!! hahaha:D I ut him in his cage and he started drinking water!! Put some bigs in for him!! I gotta get to work Ill post Pics for everyone when I get off!!

The really sad thing is, that whether you use UPS, DHL, Fed Ex, or USPS. Neither are really any better than the other. I've had boxes go missing from pretty much all of them at one time or another. Hell USPS lost a priority box of IFGA (show quality) guppies I was sending out to a customer. They were lost for 14 days, then one day they miraculously appeared at the customers door with no explanation. All were still alive and kicking. Guppies are some tough SOBs.

And no they almost always never offer a refund and getting one is like pulling teeth. And I don't know of any live animal retailer that will refund a shipping death when it's the fault of the carrier.

Seriously!! My latest mess up with UPS. I ordered 3 beardeds from someone in Fla. ( I am in Cailifornia) Guaranteed next morning by 8:30!! Checked status on line the morning it was due since it never made it at 8:30. Yah scanned in Fla and NEVER scanned again! Me and the seller were on the phone with UPS. I called 4 TIMES before I got them to put it in the system as a lost package and that was not until 4:30 my time!!! I was screaming there was three lizards in the box and it was just "gone" I finally get a call after 7:00 pm MY TIME saying they found the package in KY!!! Yah so my over night guarantee by 8:30 am turned into 2 day by 8:30 am. Nice huh! It seems this is my luck with UPS though as it seems to happen about 50% of the time when I order reptiles on line... I dont think there is a delivery service that is really any better. Fedex is just as bad.....
btw- beardeds were ok. Just very stressed poor things....

So they're guaranteed by 1030 and you expect them to deliver 4 hours in advanced? I don't think it's reasonable for you to expect them to deliver at 645am WHEN YOU ALREADY KNOW THEY ARE DELIVERING AT 1030!!! And you expect them to deliver early, that is why you are "worrying?" Good logic. This is no reason to hate UPS.

So I have been up since 6:45 am pacing around my aprtment waiting for my baby veiled cham from Lance to get here and he still hasnt come!!! GEESH whats the hold up. He left out for delivery at 6:53 this morning.....:eek:

So what happens if He doesnt get here by 10:30( hope he does becasue Im suppose to be at work at 11!) Do they give you the shipping money back or what??

Sorry I just needed to rant about it!! Im so anxious it sucks!:D

I think you might have missed understood their policy. The earliest they deliver is 1030am to that current time zone. They never deliver earlier than that.

Seriously!! My latest mess up with UPS. I ordered 3 beardeds from someone in Fla. ( I am in Cailifornia) Guaranteed next morning by 8:30!! Checked status on line the morning it was due since it never made it at 8:30. Yah scanned in Fla and NEVER scanned again! Me and the seller were on the phone with UPS. I called 4 TIMES before I got them to put it in the system as a lost package and that was not until 4:30 my time!!! I was screaming there was three lizards in the box and it was just "gone" I finally get a call after 7:00 pm MY TIME saying they found the package in KY!!! Yah so my over night guarantee by 8:30 am turned into 2 day by 8:30 am. Nice huh! It seems this is my luck with UPS though as it seems to happen about 50% of the time when I order reptiles on line... I dont think there is a delivery service that is really any better. Fedex is just as bad.....
btw- beardeds were ok. Just very stressed poor things....

Like was said, other carriers are no better... I think FedEx and surely USPS make more mistakes than UPS. The 10:30 guarantee is only to some addresses, others are 12:00 noon or end of day if you're rural (by their definition of "rural." They are responsible for a refund if they had a mechanical delay or put something in a wrong truck, and are not responsible if there was a weather problem, or something out of their control. I deal with this on a daily basis.

The shipping is refunded to the merchant (the one who packed the box), but it's up to him/her whether he refunds it to you or not. If you were promised a 10:30 delivery by the guy you buy from, you should get it if it wasn't there by 10:30. Personally, I never promise anyone that because probably 1/4 of my shipments are delivered after 10:30 (and only half or so of those were because of a mechanical problem). I don't want to automatically refund a customer if a weather delay makes me not able to get refunded myself.

I think far too many people promise a 10:30 delivery no matter where it's going. I guess if it helps you lock in a sale, more power to you. But for all the shipments that are late, you'd be losing money on shipping, which is something I make sure I never do.

I don't know of any live animal retailer that will refund a shipping death when it's the fault of the carrier

Quite a few people will do this, myself included. Shipping is a risk that I take as a seller, and I think most (reputable) chameleon breeders are the same way. In all reality, it's not fair to the customer that buys something and gets nothing. If he or she kills it in 2 weeks, that's their fault, but the shipping process should be the responsibility of the seller. I have passed on many potential purchases because the seller would not guarantee live, healthy arrival if there was a carrier error. Shipping may or may not be refunded, but the purchase price of the animal should be covered in one way or another.

Last edited:
Lamp, I'm pretty sure Cody meant that she was up pacing just because she was excited. Not because she was expecting the package at that time of the morning.

Glad he arrived safely. Looks like he arrived before the 10:30.
When I am getting my shipments, I am waiting all morning for it and it seems as though time is standing still.
PM me and let me know how he is doing.
Lance

Back
Top Bottom