I dunno if this is an issue! I suppose you’d have to look at the picture pls and thanks!

Jmedrano

Hi friends.. So my female veiled is about 7 months now. I’ve kept her laying bin in for a couple months now and she destroyed her pothos (my fault really) and I was going to repot and attempt to save it again. So while I was at it I moistened her sand and noticed something in the Front right corner of her cage sooooo I grabbed it I have no clue what this is? Genuinely never seen it. The only thing I can thing of is maybe Bc I’ve been giving her waxworms lately? I cannot find crickets for the life of me right now and I completely abandoned mealworms. So waxworms was my best option. Pls let me know if you know what this is ... I recently lost a rescue reptile and I really hope my girl is not impacted or sick. I included a picture of her just in case.... let me know if any more info is needed I really have no clue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 103
Hi so obviously you had a husbandry form checked after joining. Right . I have no idea what that is did you try to break it up to see what its composition is like solid or plant matter i see its placed on a fake leaf ?

Hi friends.. So my female veiled is about 7 months now. I’ve kept her laying bin in for a couple months now and she destroyed her pothos (my fault really) and I was going to repot and attempt to save it again. So while I was at it I moistened her sand and noticed something in the Front right corner of her cage sooooo I grabbed it I have no clue what this is? Genuinely never seen it. The only thing I can thing of is maybe Bc I’ve been giving her waxworms lately? I cannot find crickets for the life of me right now and I completely abandoned mealworms. So waxworms was my best option. Pls let me know if you know what this is ... I recently lost a rescue reptile and I really hope my girl is not impacted or sick. I included a picture of her just in case.... let me know if any more info is needed I really have no clue
I'm not sure what this is, but I'm noticing fake plants in your enclosure. This is an impaction risk for veileds, all fake plants need to be removed and replaced with veiled safe plants.

Wow that’s odd! Although, giving a treat item as a staple is usually not recommended. But I understand that the availability of bugs is not optimal at the moment. Have u tried to squash it to see if it could be a fake plant? Hopefully it’s just due to the waxworms but I would monitor her poops for consistency and frequency. ☺️

I'm not sure what this is, but I'm noticing fake plants in your enclosure. This is an impaction risk for veileds, all fake plants need to be removed and replaced with veiled safe plants.
Although she doesn’t attempt to eat plants (other than the pothos she destroys😅) I completely agree! the pothos plant is the only plant around me that’s “readily available” (it can be hard to find) and isn’t too expensive or hard to take care of! It grows lovely except that my girl eats it like a maniac lol! Do you have any plant recommendations I’d love to hear them!!

Wow that’s odd! Although, giving a treat item as a staple is usually not recommended. But I understand that the availability of bugs is not optimal at the moment. Have u tried to squash it to see if it could be a fake plant? Hopefully it’s just due to the waxworms but I would monitor her poops for consistency and frequency. ☺️
Yeah I’m not completely sure! It’s got a weird hard jelly like texture? And yes I feel so wrong giving them to her but the only crickets I’ve been able to find within 30 minutes of me are pinhead/ small 😕 her poop today was super normal (i should have taken a picture lol) but I feed her horn worms today since I found some while cricket hunting so her poo was a lil slimy and such as it usually gets with those twinkies of worms. She’s acting completely normal she’s hydrated fed ... I honestly have NO clue what the heck that thing i found in the cage is !

Yeah I’m not completely sure! It’s got a weird hard jelly like texture? And yes I feel so wrong giving them to her but the only crickets I’ve been able to find within 30 minutes of me are pinhead/ small 😕 her poop today was super normal (i should have taken a picture lol) but I feed her horn worms today since I found some while cricket hunting so her poo was a lil slimy and such as it usually gets with those twinkies of worms. She’s acting completely normal she’s hydrated fed ... I honestly have NO clue what the heck that thing i found in the cage is !
I’m glad to hear she’s ok and her poops are normal! I hope she continues to poop normally but please let us know if another one shows up. It would be a good idea to save it and get a fecal done if you do happen to catch her excreting this alien looking substance again. 😅

Back
Top Bottom