I dont know what happened...

is it ok to take him out of cage and feed him on a branch over a bowl filled with flies? i have been feeding him in the cage with a bowl.
It can be very stressful to them to handle them that much. I would continue doing it in the enclosure.

is it ok to take him out of cage and feed him on a branch over a bowl filled with flies? i have been feeding him in the cage with a bowl.

is it normal for the baby to eat and go to sleep? he ate some flies and now he is on a branch sleeping? thx
No it is not normal... This is why I was hoping you would wait for feedback and help with husbandry before jumping into getting another baby. This was why I gave you the links yesterday morning to read through
https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

We asked to see pics of your set up for the last one to be able to help you with the possible issues and you never provided it.

Now you have another baby and do not have the correct lighting or know full husbandry for this one. You have to know what to provide them or they die. I suggest you start reading through those links...

Well for one. he is not going to die. I got spartacus when he was around the same age as this one. And he is in great shape. so aside from a few changes i think i am doing ok. I just wanted some adivce and info from the experts. thx

Last edited:
Well for one. he is not going to die. I got spartacus when he was around the same age as this one. And he is in great shape. so aside from a few changes i think i am doing ok. I just wanted some adivce and info from the experts. thx
I think @Beman is mad because literally your cham died due to bad husbandry just a couple of days ago and she is mad because you are jumping to a new one still with poor husbandry. your lights arent here, you havent filled out the form, you havent showed us your cage, etc etc.

I may be wrong but i'm assuming this is the reason beman is mad

I think @Beman is mad because literally your cham died due to bad husbandry just a couple of days ago and she is mad because you are jumping to a new one still with poor husbandry. your lights arent here, you havent filled out the form, you havent showed us your cage, etc etc.

I may be wrong but i'm assuming this is the reason beman is mad
Please do not speak for me. People can do what they please. I am not mad. I just have no need to spend my time in threads where my feedback is not taken. It is my opinion that the OP rushed into getting another baby when the first one died. Lack of proper husbandry contributed here IMO.

Having to ask if they should use calcium with D3 every feeding showed me that they never read through the info I provided. If they had they would have known the answer to that.

Therefor I am not up for sticking around in a thread where my feedback is not utilized. It is a waste of my time and effort giving the correct information when I can help others that actually want to learn.

Please do not speak for me. People can do what they please. I am not mad. I just have no need to spend my time in threads where my feedback is not taken. It is my opinion that the OP rushed into getting another baby when the first one died. Lack of proper husbandry contributed here IMO.

Having to ask if they should use calcium with D3 every feeding showed me that they never read through the info I provided. If they had they would have known the answer to that.

Therefor I am not up for sticking around in a thread where my feedback is not utilized. It is a waste of my time and effort giving the correct information when I can help others that actually want to learn.
well said sorry for speaking for you

Not to be rude, but if you actually want help you should post pictures so that errors can be pointed out where they exist. It just seems really counter productive to ask for help but not do the things people ask you to do, so that they can help you. You should put aside whatever reason you have for not wanting to show pictures of your enclosure if you really want the help to get your baby chameleon the help it needs.

You are obviously not doing everything right if your chameleon is falling asleep in the day. He's a baby too so if things don't change he could pass on pretty soon.

Tbh tho the cause of the issues is probably the lighting. It goes without saying that the correct lighting is important for chameleons and even tho idk anything about baby chameleons I imagine that having the correct lighting is especially important when a chameleon is a baby since all they do is eat a fkton and grow allot.

Gotta say this here link underestimates quite a lot. I had to spent $80 on my lighting (Low heat basking bulb and T5HO with fixture)
You can skimp out on a couple things but I personally advocate for setting up the environment and get everyone giving you the thumbs up before you put a cham in.
I think the baby you got was WAY too young and could've died simply from stress from moving. And also moving to an enclosure that isn't quite set up right.
Just a general tip to avoid buying any under 3 months because half the time if I see a newly purchased baby died on here, they were under 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom