I dont know what happened...

What was the temperature in the warmest area of the cage???
When you misted, was the water spray hitting the chameleon?
How fast was the dripper dripping?

I would mist from far away so when it hit him it would be just mist not water itself if that makes any sense. is it not good to have the mist hit the chams? my temp gun broke so i dont know.

just saying i am going to get another cham at the store. will invest in a fixture for uvb. thank u all

I would mist from far away so when it hit him it would be just mist not water itself if that makes any sense. is it not good to have the mist hit the chams? my temp gun broke so i dont know.

just saying i am going to get another cham at the store. will invest in a fixture for uvb. thank u all
keep in touch with us when you get another one... Also i would recommend you to make another thread about your other 2 chams...they need supplements and uvb too! I'd love to see some photos of your other chams

So sorry for your loss. It's not ethical for people to sell chameleons under about 4 months of age. There are many things that could have caused it's death.

I asked about the misting because a hard spray on the face can cause young chameleons especially to get water into their lungs if they can't handle the amount this ending up in their mouths. The dripper can also cause problems if it drips too fast or the droplets are too big.

I don't use basking lights on baby cages at all. its too easy to overheat tiny babies.

So sorry for your loss. It's not ethical for people to sell chameleons under about 4 months of age. There are many things that could have caused it's death.

I asked about the misting because a hard spray on the face can cause young chameleons especially to get water into their lungs if they can't handle the amount this ending up in their mouths. The dripper can also cause problems if it drips too fast or the droplets are too big.

I don't use basking lights on baby cages at all. its too easy to overheat tiny babies.

How do you handle misting ? Currently I give a fast mist, the run for the trees, I then mist the side they are not on. Is this good?

Hi. the store is called finos rainforest in el paso.

I just left the store. He gave me another baby. Im thinking he is the brother. because when i bought the first one (pascal) there were two. And this was his last veiled in the same cage. He was not going to do it because i told him i added a heat lamp and he told me not too. He also said to make sure i see him eat and drink daily. so i am only leaving the uvb fixture on their 9 inches from the highest vine correct? He wont need hear correct?

I will be going around tomorrow looking for a long uvb fixture. any other advice going forward? thx

Definitely use the calcium with NOD3. You may also want to add a multivitamin with low levels of d3 on the 1st and 15th of every month. (I use reptivite) Also, you are correct DO NOT USE A HEAT BULB, only (long, linear T5 fixture) uv is needed 9 inches away from the highest spot the baby can reach.

Also, it is good that you are feeding fruit flies; rice beetles are also a good choice, along with pinhead crickets and mantid ooths. The ooths will hatch in the cage and your baby will love it.

And I want to extend my condolences. It must have been very hard and heart wrenching to see your baby like that.

You did a good thing when you came here to find out why, and to make changes accordingly.

I sincerely hope the best for you and your new baby.
What is baby #2 named? Reptar? Spike? DingoDino? Lol. (DingoDino is my daughters roblox name, and it is the CUTEST name to me. Haha)

Hi. the store is called finos rainforest in el paso.

I just left the store. He gave me another baby. Im thinking he is the brother. because when i bought the first one (pascal) there were two. And this was his last veiled in the same cage. He was not going to do it because i told him i added a heat lamp and he told me not too. He also said to make sure i see him eat and drink daily. so i am only leaving the uvb fixture on their 9 inches from the highest vine correct? He wont need hear correct?

I will be going around tomorrow looking for a long uvb fixture. any other advice going forward? thx
For the UVB YOU have to have the T5HO fixture and the 5.0 Bulb for it. This should run the width of your cage and you then have basking branch 9 inches away.
BUT babies will climb the roof as well So their cage has to be set up differently for them so they do not get overexposure to the UVB. So for that reason you need to raise the new fixture 4 inches off the top of the screen. Then put basking branch 5 inches below the bottom of the screen for a total of 9 inches. This ensures that baby does not get over exposure when it is on the top screen. AND no heat bulb at all.

Remember they need to eat as much as they want every day.

Post pics of your set up when you get a chance as well. I highly recommend reading through them.

Here are two fantastic resource links as well https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Not sure amanda. Maybe pascal in honor of his brother. idk. thank u all.

so i should put calcium with d3? on the flies? everyday or once a week? thx

is it ok to take him out of cage and feed him on a branch over a bowl filled with flies? i have been feeding him in the cage with a bowl.

is it normal for the baby to eat and go to sleep? he ate some flies and now he is on a branch sleeping? thx

Not sure amanda. Maybe pascal in honor of his brother. idk. thank u all.

so i should put calcium with d3? on the flies? everyday or once a week? thx

*Calcium WITHOUT d3 everyday.

2 times a month, instead of calcium without d3 ,use a multivitamin with d3 (like reptivite).

Back
Top Bottom