I cought her eating the ficus tree

writh

So I caught my female veiled eating the ficus tree, And so I grabbed some collard greens and kale and placed them just above the cup where I feed her worms, but she showed no interest:confused:

My male veiled loves his romaine lettuce. I put it right on the plant soil (which I have topped with large stones since i have unsifted organic soil and i dont want him ingesting large pieces) if he's already ate his insects for the day. For some reason he won't go for it in the cup unless he gets baited to it with an feeder, then he'll generally eat the insect and then pick off the greens. Sometimes he even gets greens+cricket/mealworm. Lettuce wrap :D.

I'm not 100% but I think the ficus leaves are ok to ingest in low quantity, it's the branches that if broken contain the harmful sap. Going to double check to make sure.

Leaf eating isn't a bad thing. I have a veiled that will destroy in hibiscus you put in his cage. He loves them.

My veiled is the same way. We have a ficus and a hibiscus and neither of them stand a chance. Any new growth gets munched right away. Even older leaves will have bite marks on them

My female veiled loves her veggies, I give her some greens 2 or 3 times a week, maybe even more if she is in the mood for veggies.:)

One of my males lunges at the leaves of his wax leaf privit...and eat them!!! I thought he was attacking something (he used to be an angry breeder and wanted to bite before breeding..thank goodness he grew out of that) but it was just leaves...he's the first one I've ever seen do that though.

If they are showing interest in their tree or plant, then offer leafy greens. They can eat the ficus, however I would say a hibiscus has got to taste better. :)

i think that eventually it may take interest in the greens you gave it but it may take some time. the fact that she is eating the ficus tree leaves means that she is at least taking interest in greens so that is good.
juan

Back
Top Bottom