I confess! Please forgive me!

im geting rid of the discus they are doing my head in and costing to much for all the 'special' discus liquids and making sure they arent stressed! im going for something smaller!

lol nice. my tank is very easy to handle. i tried saltwater reall really did.. but killed everything and could not for the life of me kep the levels stable.

I might as well confess too:p I use SUBSTRATE! and plan on doing so for any of the montanes I keep in vivs in the future. Now I didnt use it for my panthers, simply because a big enough glass terrarium is big bucks. I use planted glass terrariums to keep humidity stable. Even a screen cage with three sides covered does not maintain >40% humidity long at all in my house.

I've said this before on the forums but I kept 4 panthers (all between 6-14 months of age) and an adult Jackson's male together for something like 8-10 months with no real issues. The Jackson's wanted to hump my Nosy be, so he eventually was separated.

I also use substrate for all my geckos and probably will with my chameleons if I ever decide to put them in cages I could plant. May not be possible with my panthers, but with the carpets it seems more plausible.

For salty-- and btw-- i like the green algae. that's why i left it...

Attachments

• IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 105
I think this thread illustrates a very important point so many keepers (of all animals) miss. All these hard and fast rules everyone follows are really more guidelines to follow until you really learn how to read your animal and have a thorough understanding of it's natural history. An experienced keeper can safely and responsibly try new things and heck maybe even improve overall keeping methods!

I think this thread illustrates a very important point so many keepers (of all animals) miss. All these hard and fast rules everyone follows are really more guidelines to follow until you really learn how to read your animal and have a thorough understanding of it's natural history. An experienced keeper can safely and responsibly try new things and heck maybe even improve overall keeping methods!

Well Said and completely agreed!

I can't give you any more reputation. So i'll quote this as truth!!:D

for those of you on reef tanks. i have a 20 gallon that used to be a 30 gallon and the only time i ever did a water change was when i moved in april. i have had the tank for 2 years. i test everything. all the time but between evaporation and filtration. i have not needed to change anything. i have 5 corals. 5 shrimp, 4 emerald crabs, 2 clown fish, 2 domino fish, one worm fish, a bunch of snails live rock and all that jazz. it only have one fileter. it used to have 2 one had a skimmer on it but the skimmer seemed like it wasnt really doing anything so i just took that one off so i didnt have to pay the extra electirc for something i didnt need. lol

I hope me confessing as a Jr. Member doesn't cause anger. When I got my little guy SunnyD there was another male Jackson he was caged with. They seemed to not mind eachother so I bought both and SunnyD and Koolaid still share a cage. Till this day they get along and have enough space. You will read lots of questions I have for Sunny since he is my rescued cam and I've gronw very atteched to him since I give him extra care. Koolaid is happy being left alone to roam. As long as he has food and water and his favorite vine he's happy. There I said it. Sorry if I upset anyone but these guys act like brother if I pull one out the other keeps an eye on me to see what I'm doing to his buddy.

Reactions: Hoj
I will also confess. I have the huge house all of you want. I wish one of you had it. I hate cleaning this huge monster!!! What was I thinking? No 2 people need 3600 sq ft. worst mistake I have ever made, next to moving to Montana.:(

Reactions: Hoj
Oh Laurie, you poor thing! I have no idea of the sq ft of this house, but I may as well confess that while this 4 floors of house (townhouse with basement) is rented, we still own a house in England, so we are technically tenants and landlords. The UK house pretty much just about breaks even once we've paid the mortgage, insurance and fix stuff.

As far as animal stuff goes, er... I got nuthin. I'm perfect. Sorry.

FINE! Ivy's thermometer/hygrometer hasn't arrived yet. My dragon won't eat greens, so I don't make him, I can't remember when I last fed my snake her fuzzy rat, think it's been over a week already, and I clean my geckos out so badly I discovered that crickets are breeding behind the backboard.

Well I don't think I actually ever confessed anything...

My Ficus died over a month ago and I still haven't swapped it out with the 2 hibiscus plants I've purchased to replace it. (Both of which also died before I could repot and clean them when I left them outside in the 100+ degree days and didn't water them)

The pothos pretty much took over the ficus and the schefflura is still doing fine at least.

I will also confess. I have the huge house all of you want. I wish one of you had it. I hate cleaning this huge monster!!! What was I thinking? No 2 people need 3600 sq ft. worst mistake I have ever made, next to moving to Montana.:(

That doesn't count! But if you closed off a wing of your mansion and put covers on the furniture you would have to clean less :) .

Oh Laurie, you poor thing! I have no idea of the sq ft of this house, but I may as well confess that while this 4 floors of house (townhouse with basement) is rented, we still own a house in England, so we are technically tenants and landlords. The UK house pretty much just about breaks even once we've paid the mortgage, insurance and fix stuff.

As far as animal stuff goes, er... I got nuthin. I'm perfect. Sorry.

FINE! Ivy's thermometer/hygrometer hasn't arrived yet. My dragon won't eat greens, so I don't make him, I can't remember when I last fed my snake her fuzzy rat, think it's been over a week already, and I clean my geckos out so badly I discovered that crickets are breeding behind the backboard.

I love you, I am not alone.:D

I don't think all of my infractions will fit in one post. :eek:

Danny you just have nothing to confess. I have seen your cages and how careful you are. You are so close to perfect it isn't even funny. You I admide and love.

Well I don't think I actually ever confessed anything...

My Ficus died over a month ago and I still haven't swapped it out with the 2 hibiscus plants I've purchased to replace it. (Both of which also died before I could repot and clean them when I left them outside in the 100+ degree days and didn't water them)

The pothos pretty much took over the ficus and the schefflura is still doing fine at least.

This is a lame confession. You must have some good stuff to share. Are you at least an axe murderer or something?

i dont know if it matter because there babies but i keep to unrelated veileds in the same cage there about 1 month old:eek::p:D:rolleyes::cool:;):eek::cool:

Back
Top Bottom