I Built a Huge Cage

aguallo123

I built this cage for my panther chameleon. It is 6 feet tall X 2 feet wide X 3 feet long. I am buying a new 36 inch reptisun 5.0 and a new fixture for it this weekend to span the length of the cage. I am getting more plants for his cage and more vines. Should I get another basking spot on the other side of the cage and what wattage and brand of incandescent build should I use for a cage this big?
image_67161345.JPG
image_67234049.JPG
image_67176449.JPG
image_67177217.JPG

Id rethink your lighting now that you went YOLO.

If its T8, that 5.0 is going to be worthless at 1ft and beyond. You would be much better off with a T5 HO setup at this point. You might even be able to do 12%/10.0 HO's if you have enough plants.

1 basking should be fine. In all honesty a cage like this should be recommended size for Panthers at least. They use the space. Nice job. I know you said you're adding more, go grab some tree branches and throw them in there.

Id rethink your lighting now that you went YOLO.

If its T8, that 5.0 is going to be worthless at 1ft and beyond. You would be much better off with a T5 HO setup at this point. You might even be able to do 12%/10.0 HO's if you have enough plants.
I have so much space in here that I will cover it with as many live plants that I can. Thanks of the recommendation I will surely look into it!

I built this cage for my panther chameleon. It is 6 feet tall X 2 feet wide X 3 feet long. I am buying a new 36 inch reptisun 5.0 and a new fixture for it this weekend to span the length of the cage. I am getting more plants for his cage and more vines. Should I get another basking spot on the other side of the cage and what wattage and brand of incandescent build should I use for a cage this big?View attachment 210848View attachment 210849 View attachment 210850 View attachment 210851
the setup looks awesome but you may want to use t5s with reflectors. awesome handywork!

Back
Top Bottom