I am so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(Well you all remember Lizardlovers thread about the melleri? Well today i went to the store and saw them. There were 4 of them. I started to cry. Everything was wrong. The setup was wrong...everything. They had a water dish, the guy told me they don't mist them, they only had super worms to eat, one guy was trying to get out and bent his little horn. I was horrified. I spoke to the guy and told him that everything was wrong and of course they think they are right. I just started crying. 4 INNOCENT animals, gone to waste.:(:(:mad::mad: I plan to do something about it.

I plan to fight until they get it together for these guys. Who is with me?

This is horrible, and buying them to save them only perpetuates the problem. They will just restock and do it all over again. This is one of the main reasons i dislike the pet trade in general but it seems to be more exagerated with exotics due to needing way more specific care.

If there is anything we can do to help let us know. And from all the videos i have seen from the store buying anything from them seems to be a bad idea.

Gpmo (him)

Its so sad. Here is what i said to them..i sound harsh lol

Hello Undergorund, today i came in to the store and saw the mellers chameleons. I was disappointed. They may be wild caught but they deserve the BEST care. They had a water dish which chameleons don't drink out of, the cage was not a good size for 4 chameleon(especially mellers) and only one type of insect for them to eat.

Try to give them a variety of feeders to eat. Superworms are really high in fat. These innocent animals should not go to waste. Please guys take care of them. Try ordering from www.mulberryfarms.com and join www.chameleonforums.com to learn about them.

Go do some research and print out a care sheet for them that you can show the buyers the requirements they need. Dont rip them off.
All i am trying to do is help you guys and HOPEFULLY you will listen to me. I wish i could take them in but please dont sell them to a stupid person that wont take care of them.

Sorry if i am coming rough on you guys. That was not my intention. I really liek your store but this upset me.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Well, thanks for making another thread, people didn't seem to get it in my last thread. I still cant believe some people think UG is a great place for chameleons. If there is anything you need help with for them Im here.

Well, thanks for making another thread, people didn't seem to get it in my last thread. I still cant believe some people think UG is a great place for chameleons. If there is anything you need help with for them Im here.

Thanks. I am glad i have someone local that can help me out with this store.
They are so aggravating. Wait till Ben Seigels finds out. lol

My e-mail sent last week

hello, I would like to inform you that you have some false advertisement on your add I have seen listed on kingsnake.com. T. melleri are only the 3rd largest species of chameleon, not the 1st, that would be C.parsonii. T. melleri require high amounts of water and large caging, the individuals I have seen are severely dehydrated and are showing signs of extreme stress. I also noticed another individual has a broken rostral, will a discount be given on this animal if it is purchased being that it is damaged?

-Their reply only addressed their mistake in size of the melleri, they did not address anything else I mentioned in the email.

I sent them another e-mail.

Hello, I would like to inquire about one of your Meller’s chameleons you have for sale. I noticed you had an individual that had an injury to its rostral, a discount will be given on this animal being that it acquired the injury in your shop’s care due to the stress of a small environment correct? I noticed when I saw the animal myself sometime last week that it was rubbing its rostrum against the wire mesh of its enclosure, bending it and damaging it. I also noticed that you claim to be able to sex T. melleri, please share your secrets, because in all my experience, and through the 17 species, including T. melleri that I have kept, no one that I have conversed with, including all the literature that I have researched on these chameleons is able to sex them just by looking at them. So I’m guessing that you either saw them copulating yourself, In which case I would like to purchase a gravid female, or you probed them and had the results analyzed, in which case you would probably have treated them for parasites, being that they are wild caught, if you had the funds to properly sex them, without seeing them copulate. I also noticed that one of your smaller specimens is severely dehydrated, these animals require copious amounts of water, so Im guessing that since they are properly taken care of by your store that this is being fixed immediately and was just from being in transit. Also, judging by your ad on kingsnake.com you claim that you T. melleri are the largest chameleons in the world. T. melleri are the 3rd largest species, so you must have some special strain that no one has ever heard of, or you are falsely advertising your animals. I am willing to take action for these animals because they are truly unique and don’t deserve to be in the hands of Pet-stores that don’t give a damn such as yours. I expect to see some changes in their health being that you are taking care of them properly, according to you, when I inquired on them last week. I also expect to hear a reply on how much of a discount I will receive on the individual that is exhibiting injuries to its rostral.

I sent them another e-mail.

Hello, I would like to inquire about one of your Meller’s chameleons you have for sale. I noticed you had an individual that had an injury to its rostral, a discount will be given on this animal being that it acquired the injury in your shop’s care due to the stress of a small environment correct? I noticed when I saw the animal myself sometime last week that it was rubbing its rostrum against the wire mesh of its enclosure, bending it and damaging it. I also noticed that you claim to be able to sex T. melleri, please share your secrets, because in all my experience, and through the 17 species, including T. melleri that I have kept, no one that I have conversed with, including all the literature that I have researched on these chameleons is able to sex them just by looking at them. So I’m guessing that you either saw them copulating yourself, In which case I would like to purchase a gravid female, or you probed them and had the results analyzed, in which case you would probably have treated them for parasites, being that they are wild caught, if you had the funds to properly sex them, without seeing them copulate. I also noticed that one of your smaller specimens is severely dehydrated, these animals require copious amounts of water, so Im guessing that since they are properly taken care of by your store that this is being fixed immediately and was just from being in transit. Also, judging by your ad on kingsnake.com you claim that you T. melleri are the largest chameleons in the world. T. melleri are the 3rd largest species, so you must have some special strain that no one has ever heard of, or you are falsely advertising your animals. I am willing to take action for these animals because they are truly unique and don’t deserve to be in the hands of Pet-stores that don’t give a damn such as yours. I expect to see some changes in their health being that you are taking care of them properly, according to you, when I inquired on them last week. I also expect to hear a reply on how much of a discount I will receive on the individual that is exhibiting injuries to its rostral.
If you do happen to get them...i am coming to visit lol

Nice email.

If I were to get one at a discounted price, (or free for the condition they are in) I would probably adopt it out to someone I know would be able to care of it properly.

You know someone who can take care of it? Is that what you wre trying to say and Amanda we will. We are not giving up

This is horrible, and buying them to save them only perpetuates the problem. They will just restock and do it all over again. This is one of the main reasons i dislike the pet trade in general but it seems to be more exagerated with exotics due to needing way more specific care.

Gpmo (him)

I totally agree. Have you been to Petsmart recently (not to mention the threads on it...)? Therein lies my point. When one dies or is purchased, they will just restock it without EVER changing protocol.

Boys, boys.... no one ever said that they didn't get it. Youre message was loud and clear and we all agreed with you. And no one ever said that UG was a GREAT place for chameleons. What I said was that I've never had a bad experience with me and they actually made good on something they got wrong. HOWEVER, I am not saying that you can't send e-mails and I'm not saying that you can't try. If anyone dies a little inside when I see this (which is why I can't step foot into a shelter to this day...), it's me, but there are people out there who care more about business than they do 4 melleri (in this case).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom