I am about to go and hunt the UPS man down!!!

Kansascity

TIA for reading my rant:rolleyes:!! I swear in my area the UPS man takes all dang day to get his rear here!!! I am waiting on my new Panther to get here!! So, I guess I am going to head out to the freaking grocery store, and hopefully when I get back he will be here! UGHHHHHHHHHHH (Dh is staying at the house).

Yea sometimes they take a long time if your house is at the end of their route. It probably doesnt help that you are so excited from him to get there :) Im sure it will be soon! Take lots of pics for us.

Yea sometimes they take a long time if your house is at the end of their route. It probably doesnt help that you are so excited from him to get there :) Im sure it will be soon! Take lots of pics for us.

Yup dosen’t help I live 20 min out from any major city!!! (still! another small town) Hate living in the country sometimes :rolleyes:

Yup dosen’t help I live 20 min out from any major city!!! (still! another small town) Hate living in the country sometimes :rolleyes:

your one luck SOAB! LOL :) i wish i lived in the country away from annoying pain in the rearend neighbours! :mad: (paitents my friend, all good things come to thoes who wait) so somebody once said.

I used to live in Boonsboro MD! Worked all over the NOVA area. UPS gets to your house when they get to your house:rolleyes: If I pay for early morning delivery or late afternoon delivery they get to the house around 12:30 every time. Is this way here and was that way there.

I dont know why people pay for the before 10:30 guarantee. They wont pay you back if its not met and the truck has a specific route to take. They arent going to travel 20 miles out of the way to get your package there early in the morning and then have to back track all over the place!! Ive bought chams from Jim at chamco and he will say something like, "You know when the UPS truck comes by your house, thats when they will be there.":D

The last paragraph was not pointed toward you or anyone just a rant;)

I am 125 miles (201 km) each way from a large town, want to trade???

your one luck SOAB! LOL :) i wish i lived in the country away from annoying pain in the rearend neighbours! :mad: (paitents my friend, all good things come to thoes who wait) so somebody once said.

I am 125 miles (201 km) each way from a large town, want to trade???

OK, you whiners I can top that! UPS doesn't even come here. Overnight mail takes 3 days. FedEx takes about a week. I can't get to ANY other town without getting on a plane for 20 minutes or a boat for 5 hours! If I was dumb enough to try getting somewhere by land it would take weeks of backpacking and mountain climbing. Sure, Juneau may be only 50 miles away as the crow flies...but the point is, he has to fly.

Well you're in Alaska, what do you expect? :D I went to that area this summer. It was nice, but I would probably end up dead if I had to live there.

Well you're in Alaska, what do you expect? :D I went to that area this summer. It was nice, but I would probably end up dead if I had to live there.

I am perfectly happy to give up all the conveniences you all take for granted...because I also get to avoid so much of the cr&*%$ that comes along with them. Small towns have their problems but where else can you go to the grocery store and see get well, birthday, or congratulations cards lined up on the counter for everyone to sign? The postmistress sends everyone a birthday card every year. Still, paying $0.57 per KH for electricity stings a bit.

I am perfectly happy to give up all the conveniences you all take for granted...because I also get to avoid so much of the cr&*%$ that comes along with them. Small towns have their problems but where else can you go to the grocery store and see get well, birthday, or congratulations cards lined up on the counter for everyone to sign? The postmistress sends everyone a birthday card every year. Still, paying $0.57 per KH for electricity stings a bit.

and i thought paing £1.50 for a litre of Diesel was bad! (i take it all back) iam kinda glad i don't have to travel 1000's of miles to buy a pint (gallon) of milk :)

Ok, so I am obviously back from the grocery store finally! Dh called me right when I was finally leaving. So he says I think your new guy is here, I am damn near doing 70 to get home which the grocery store is further then 20 miles! I get here and there are crickets in the dang box!!! :eek: I thought it sounded strange that Fed ex came and not UPS:eek: I will keep you all updated as I am throwing him a going away dinner party that starts at 6!!!!

Ok, so I am obviously back from the grocery store finally! Dh called me right when I was finally leaving. So he says I think your new guy is here, I am damn near doing 70 to get home which the grocery store is further then 20 miles! I get here and there are crickets in the dang box!!! :eek: I thought it sounded strange that Fed ex came and not UPS:eek: I will keep you all updated as I am throwing him a going away dinner party that starts at 6!!!!

He will be worth the wait!

Just let me know which item you need that I can get on an alaska airlines plane and i will come for a visit. I loved alaska when hubby & i visited. prettiest place I have ever been. Better than, europe, japan, mexico and all the other places I have been. I completely understand why you choose to live there.

Just let me know which item you need that I can get on an alaska airlines plane and i will come for a visit. I loved alaska when hubby & i visited. prettiest place I have ever been. Better than, europe, japan, mexico and all the other places I have been. I completely understand why you choose to live there.

All I'm saying is we need their oil, because these gas prices are outrages!:p

All I'm saying is we need their oil, because these gas prices are outrages!:p

AK's oil isn't going to fix that at all! The barrel price is driven by market panics and investor greed. It would take a minimum of 10 years before any AK oil reaches the domestic market and the cost to produce it won't be cheaper than anywhere else. And, even the most conservative estimates (they don't even know what is there...its all speculation!) of the oil in AK fields at just enough to run the US for about 1 year. In 10 years I'd much rather hope we have a better fuel.

There's always my spare bedroom...just have to dust it!

Back
Top Bottom