I almost got out of the hobby!

Scottsquatch

Chameleon Enthusiast
My wife left for work the other day and forgot to kennel the dog. I came home an hour later to find three cages smashed in and screens ripped out. Luckily, the Chams stayed up high and nobody was hurt. My gracilior did manage to get out after the attack and I found him in the bathroom on the water line behind the toilet. Not a scratch on him either! Anyway, I simmered down and decided to keep going, but I will build some nice hardwood enclosures for my display cages so the darn dog can't get at them again. Sheesh! What next?

Sorry that happened man, but I'm glad they're alright. I would be pretty pissed too. I have a large almost 20lb cat that would tear into anything he could get to. When I build a cage for display it'll have to be with something hard like pvc/acrylic.

My cat has done that. He just wants to play with them lol. I ended up setting up my office so that none of my other animals can get to them. Thus also helped with keeping tempatures. I closed all a/c vents and have just the ceiling fan on. I still have to keep each cage with separate settings but it made it easier to control climate that way. Exspecially since the rest of my house is kept in the high 60s

Yeah, I moved then to a different room until I get the disply enclosures buit.they will basically be heavy duty Woden cabinets to hold the cages. Can't figure why he suddenly showed interest like this, but it' good to know.

My wife left for work the other day and forgot to kennel the dog. I came home an hour later to find three cages smashed in and screens ripped out. Luckily, the Chams stayed up high and nobody was hurt. My gracilior did manage to get out after the attack and I found him in the bathroom on the water line behind the toilet. Not a scratch on him either! Anyway, I simmered down and decided to keep going, but I will build some nice hardwood enclosures for my display cages so the darn dog can't get at them again. Sheesh! What next?
My heart sunk when I read this . I’m so very happy the Chams are ok and you did not do the dog in :love: . Our lessens really suck some times xox .

Back
Top Bottom