I adopted a Veiled, help with a few questions!

hahahaha.. Man, your wife showed you the way to do it!

Sucks that he didnt take the hornworms.. but I guess for you its cool

lmaooo. She is eating it up too!! It's usually the other way around. Caterpillars are the ONLY things i'm skeeved out by (well slugs too)!

So for her to see me comprpmised is a treat for her. lol.

Well as i said before. I gave in and going him some hornworms , and butters too. Made a worm salad!!

Attachments

• wormsalad.jpg
    wormsalad.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 119
Hornworm vs Kamo faceoff!!

Took him about an hour to finally eat it! And the waitress surving the salad! lol

Attachments

• kamofaceoff.jpg
    kamofaceoff.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 90
  • feedingpost.jpg
    feedingpost.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 174
  • sophyfeeding.jpg
    sophyfeeding.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 120
random question: Is it cool if i feed my cham a meal worm a day or couple days as long as he still eats his normal crickets too? he likes them and the way i see it is since he still young and growing a little treat every couple days is cool right?

random question: Is it cool if i feed my cham a meal worm a day or couple days as long as he still eats his normal crickets too? he likes them and the way i see it is since he still young and growing a little treat every couple days is cool right?

From everything i keep hearing mealworms are an impaction risk due to their hard to digest exoskeleton. I found this out right after i had bought about 200 of them.

I did notice that every 2-3 days i would have about 5-10 mealworms that would molt and have a softer casing for a few hours b4 it begins to harden. I would feed him thoes as treats.

I now feed him ANYTHING i can get my hands on.

*Molted mealworms (on ocasion as a treat)
*Crickets (every day as a staple)
*Superworms (2-3 times a week)
*Dubia roaches (1-2 times a week, but will feed daily once i can get their #s up in my colony)
*Wax worms ( on ocasion as a treat)
*Hornworms (just started , but he dosent seem to like them. One a week)

If i find he starts to favor one feeder over the others , i will stop feeding him that feeder for a few days to avoid a hunger strike. I also dust daily with Repashy Plus.

Today Kamo spent the whole day in his free range tree. I noticed he fell asleep in it and i didn't want to wake him to put him back in his cage. So tonight he will be spending the night on his Hibiscus. I don't have any aggressive pets and i'm usually up before he wakes up so i think he will be fine.

Almost forgot. I ordered a 2nd Cham tonight , lol (well it is a gift for my wife)..I, i mean WE can't wait for it to get here!!:)

I also have a larger cage for Kamo, he only sleeps in it anyway. And his old viv will house the noob!!

I hate today.. I hate waiting.. 24 hours is too long of a wait when a new cham is coming! hahah

i'd rather drive 100 miles, in the middle of summer ,driving a black car with no AC wearing a snuggie than wait for shipping. Shipping is taboo in my vocabulary.

Edit: AGONYYYY, THE AGONYYY!!!!.... Guess i didn't read the fine-print!! I'm part of a pre-order!! I won't get my little guy till late this month/Early December!! AGONYYYY!!! Well i guess i'll let the cat out the bag. I ordered a young male sired by "Lahimatoa-tigra" (AKA Son Tiger). Im sure he will be worth the wait.

Ohhh man that blows. I'm counting down the hours for my little guy to get home.. I'm skipping half my classes tomorrow so I can be home when he arrives..College is overrated hahaha

Back
Top Bottom