I’ve got a new chameleon and I think he’s doing really good just want everyone to take a look at my setup

@PoseidonTheChameleon I also got a hygrometer and this is the calcium I got that has D3 and a Multi Vitamin

Attachments

• DD410170-2965-41AF-BC54-1481416A7F44.jpeg
    DD410170-2965-41AF-BC54-1481416A7F44.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 67
So I went out and got a new bulb and some stuff to gutload my crickets with and I also have a calcium in the way that has D3 and multi Vitamins
Sadly, both those items are bad and shouldn't be used. If you want to use a commercial gutload, Repashy Bug Burger is great! You need a T5 High Output linear UVB bulb and fixture. What are all of the supplements you have now?

Sadly, both those items are bad and shouldn't be used. If you want to use a commercial gutload, Repashy Bug Burger is great! You need a T5 High Output linear UVB bulb and fixture. What are all of the supplements you have now?
I’ve seen other people use the same white bulb

What’s wrong with the one I just got? It’s a 5.0 uvb bulb
It's a compact, which means it's very hard to use effectively and not get health problems from it. The best type to use is a linear T5 HO Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 or Arcadia 6% bulb

It's a compact, which means it's very hard to use effectively and not get health problems from it. The best type to use is a linear T5 HO Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 or Arcadia 6% bulb
Alright well I’ll have to make do with this one for right now I can’t afford to buy another bulb and fixture and new stuff to gutload now

Alright well I’ll have to make do with this one for right now I can’t afford to buy another bulb and fixture and new stuff to gutload now
But it will not work... if you do not get the proper uvb which I will link for you, the chameleon will developed metabolic bone disease and die. Give me a second to find the uvb you need.

Okay but I thought the 5.0 compact would work
I am telling you right now it will kill your chameleon. I mean that in the most respectful way possible. I am trying to help you give you chameleon the best life, please get this UVB asap before you have to spent more money on vet bills because he develops metabolic bone disease.

With the Arcadia bulb and fixture from Pangea, it’s around $30 cheaper than the Zoo Med bulb and separate fixture

Can I ask why you wouldn't know what UVB bulb to use? This will sound rude but I have the impression this isn't your first Chameleon and if its then I appologize. If it's not your first I've seen a lot of people on this forum give great advice to help people on the best way to CARE for your pet. You have a responsibility to give the best care possible. Point is when your asking for people to check your set up your obviously not sure so why second guess when people correct you.

Back
Top Bottom