I’m new!

I don’t post on here very often I use this forum more as of a learning tool and research but this post just makes me so sad... I really hope someone can steer her in the right direction on the care that these creatures really need because I don’t see this animal living very long under those conditions. Not really much else you can do. She can either take the experienced advice or not. Seems like I see posts like these at least once every week. Even if it’s trolls or not still very sad too see. I’ll pray for that chameleon

I don’t post on here very often I use this forum more as of a learning tool and research but this post just makes me so sad... I really hope someone can steer her in the right direction on the care that these creatures really need because I don’t see this animal living very long under those conditions. Not really much else you can do. She can either take the experienced advice or not. Seems like I see posts like these at least once every week. Even if it’s trolls or not still very sad too see. I’ll pray for that chameleon
I think we a'll are. I tried sending her a PM on Instagram since she got kicked off the site she was accepting at first but she didn't know how to deal with her emotions. She ended up insulting me a lot and blocked me so I would encourage everyone to not reach out to her as it may agravate her mental state further. I think both of them need help tbh the op more that the chameleon. The chameleon is probably too far gone by now

As much as it is awful to see? At least it shows just how much those who do care, care. Seeing these posts yesterday on Insta and Reddit made me remember that.

You know what helps poor mental state? Accountability for one's own actions. Victim mentality is no bueno. I've been there, I've felt like things were unfair. The only thing that fixed my life was holding myself responsible for everything.
True but depending on the mental condition... holding oneself accountable may not help here. From what I saw and heard from others that reached out to her this is not a simple oh I am sad... This is a oh I need a shrink and medication.

Oh wow, after looking at the instagram, I have to agree that this sadly looks to be exacerbated by a mental health problem.

As of an hour ago, she was riding a subway train with the poor thing perched on her glasses. Think I'm gonna have to block that just to save myself distress...That hurts my heart

Oh wow, after looking at the instagram, I have to agree that this sadly looks to be exacerbated by a mental health problem.

As of an hour ago, she was riding a subway train with the poor thing perched on her glasses. Think I'm gonna have to block that just to save myself distress...That hurts my heart

The whole situation is FUBAR.. The poor chameleon is suffering the consequences unfortunately. That girl needs professional help from what I've read so far. I don't even want to think about how she will react when that poor chameleon passes...

True but depending on the mental condition... holding oneself accountable may not help here. From what I saw and heard from others that reached out to her this is not a simple oh I am sad... This is a oh I need a shrink and medication.

I get you. I just think accepting that we need help is still holding ourselves accountable. I didn't see the Instagram, but what I meant was that we need to change ourselves from within and recognize our problems and weaknesses. Sometimes that is done through the help of a therapist or whatever. Having a chameleon is them looking for an external comfort, that's always temporary. Similar to the people that think they are unhappy because they are poor, then get a load of money, and are still unhappy.

I get you. I just think accepting that we need help is still holding ourselves accountable. I didn't see the Instagram, but what I meant was that we need to change ourselves from within and recognize our problems and weaknesses. Sometimes that is done through the help of a therapist or whatever. Having a chameleon is them looking for an external comfort, that's always temporary. Similar to the people that think they are unhappy because they are poor, then get a load of money, and are still unhappy.
No, I agree completely with what you are saying. While external factors can help reduce ones stress level it is not a permanent solution when it comes to serious mental health issues. Beman is my stress reducer... But I did not get him to fix me. For me watching him in his environment is like watching fish in a tank. It relaxes me. My situation with my cham is totally different... I do not look to him for love and comfort.... I look within myself for that.

No, I agree completely with what you are saying. While external factors can help reduce ones stress level it is not a permanent solution when it comes to serious mental health issues. Beman is my stress reducer... But I did not get him to fix me. For me watching him in his environment is like watching fish in a tank. It relaxes me. My situation with my cham is totally different... I do not look to him for love and comfort.... I look within myself for that.

For sure, I can relate to that. I didn't mean to come off insensitive to anyone struggling, not at all. I just don't like when it's used as an excuse for people so they can redirect blame for something.

For sure, I can relate to that. I didn't mean to come off insensitive to anyone struggling, not at all. I just don't like when it's used as an excuse for people so they can redirect blame for something.
I don't think you did at all. I think it takes a lot for someone to seek out mental health. Most do not and most do not have the coping mechanisms to deal with life so they turn to animals. While in this situation clearly a cham was the worst possible choice for her.

I think there is a clear difference between I have problems and not being accountable and I need medical treatment to deal with severe mental health issues.

I’ve dealt with depression and severe anxiety ever since I left high school. There were times I couldn’t even walk outside for weeks or interact with anybody for weeks. This lasted a good 5 years!! I can say it’s very hard every day but through talking countless hours with my family and especially my mom they have helped me get through those really dark times. It’s been about 2 years since then and everyday is getting better but I still have set backs every now and then but no where near like it was. You just have to dig deep down and really try to better yourself every day no matter what and never give up! I hope she can find a way to figure out her problems and get the help she needs! The chameleon though sadly has to suffer through this persons mental health problems..

Back
Top Bottom