I’m new to this

Okay so I am getting into the whole chameleon thing I have spent days building a giant mesh cage and I have been looking into the humidity part of the cage I have bought a automatic mister and am wondering do I need a humidifier too ? Will the mister not be good enough to cause spikes in the humidity and keep it about 50-70? And while I’m here how many branches and vines should be in my cage I have a 26 wide by 36 inch cage ?

I would say no. As far as I have seen a mister is enough.
However many, me included, run a Fogger at night. With mister in morning and evening.

What kind of chameleon are you getting? If a veiled you want daytime humidity to stay around 40%. At night the humidity can go way up as the temps go way down.
Regarding branches and vines, I say the more the merrier. Empty space is wasted space that your cham could be using to get around. Don’t forget to add some safe live plants. Pothos is excellent as it’s easy to grow, readily available and grows nice vines your cham can use. You also want to use enough plants so they have a place to hide. If you’re getting a veiled, avoid fake plants as they eat leaves and have been known to eat fake leaves and get impacted.

are you going to get a specific bloodline or just a regular green veiled? just curious
I’m not sure I’m looking for one rn I am looking for websites to buy from because I don’t like petcos Chams and I don’t want to buy one intill my cage and setup is completely ready and everything is shipping slow rn

I’m not sure I’m looking for one rn I am looking for websites to buy from because I don’t like petcos Chams and I don’t want to buy one intill my cage and setup is completely ready and everything is shipping slow rn
im the same i still need to convince my parents and i think i might get my cham from flchams, they have a good variety

Back
Top Bottom