I’m a new chameleon owner with a female veiled and have a few questions that I’m struggling to find anywhere?

@MissSkittles @kinyonga @Beman last update. I’m just gonna rehome her with someone who has experience and can properly take care of her. I’m at my limit on stress and I just don’t know what to do anymore without making drastic changes I can’t handle right now. I want to thank you guys for helping me and giving me all the advice. I’m definitely going to make sure, 100% that I know what I’m doing next time. I love chameleons and I’d love to take care of them but I just can’t do that right now. Thank you guys again and hopefully I can come back in this community again.
If think this is a decision that must have been hard to make but likely a good one. I hope she does well and that you learn all you need to to make your next chameleon adventure a good smooth one.

Hopefully you'll continue to visit this forum in the meantime too...it's a good place to learn!

@MissSkittles @kinyonga @Beman last update. I’m just gonna rehome her with someone who has experience and can properly take care of her. I’m at my limit on stress and I just don’t know what to do anymore without making drastic changes I can’t handle right now. I want to thank you guys for helping me and giving me all the advice. I’m definitely going to make sure, 100% that I know what I’m doing next time. I love chameleons and I’d love to take care of them but I just can’t do that right now. Thank you guys again and hopefully I can come back in this community again.
I’m so sorry to hear this, but I fully understand. Our girls with their egg laying can cause us great amounts of stress. Some things that have helped me with the anxiety - remembering that it is a natural process and they know instinctively what to do, knowing that the risks of problems is decreased by providing proper care, giving them everything they need for an uneventful egg laying and trusting they’ll use it when the time is right. Of course it’s all a lot easier to say than do. You have done wonderfully though considering the circumstances. You never should have been sold a gravid cham. That in itself set you up for a difficult time. So, do what you need to do for yourself and your pretty lady, but know that you were thrown into a very rough start. Take pride in the changes that you made and all that you’ve learned. Keep learning. You don’t need a chameleon to stick around here. When you feel ready to try again, I would advise starting with a male panther…no egg laying and friendlier temperament. And do make sure to buy from a well respected breeder, such as those who sponsor the forum.

You are going to have to set up a drio system as she will bw thristy when she is done. After she has laid her eggs, give her at least a week to eat drink and get strong again. Sprinkle calcium on the worms you give her in addition to dusting the crickets and dubias. my female doesnt eat before laying but is starved after. Since she is gravid, she may have been mated since those colors are to ward off males. after laying Then make changes to her cage to bring it up to par. That dirt should be mixed 50/50 with cleaned play sand so it doesnt cave in. Those fake plants need to go or she may try to eat them and die from impaction. You can plant palms right in the sand/soil mix. Pathos would be good too but may need 100% soil.. Sansi.com has a good plant light selection.

Back
Top Bottom