husbandry review

I would put it at least 9 inches away for heat. Depending on bulb wattage and type. You will need to recheck to make sure basking is not over 78-80max for her.
Okay, sounds good! Also, she has been walking around the bottom of the cage today for hours. Why is she doing that? She is also a speckled color.

Okay, sounds good! Also, she has been walking around the bottom of the cage today for hours. Why is she doing that? She is also a speckled color.
Based on her enclosure... She may be trying to find an area she likes better. Her enclosure does not have much in the top half in the way of plants or branches. So she is very limited on being able to get out of heat or even get into a plant if she wants to feel safer.

Based on her enclosure... She may be trying to find an area she likes better. Her enclosure does not have much in the top half in the way of plants or branches. So she is very limited on being able to get out of heat or even get into a plant if she wants to feel safer.
Okay, that makes sense. Though she does enjoy the top. I am growing another pothos plant so I will get that in there as soon as possible. ??

Hello! I am going to attach some photos, but I am still concerned with what Carly is doing. Any thoughts? I added sticks yesterday, and since then she doesn't like her up top spot anymore.

IMG_20201025_114250037.jpg

So I am going to suggest if you have another pot to flip it upside down and put it under the pothos so it is higher up. If you have fake plants you can hook them to the sides of the outside of the enclosure for her. This will give her some sense of security as well.

She is on the floor because she is not feeling safe.

So with the gauge being on the floor is this how you are telling your temps and humidity? IF so this will not be accurate for basking temp and the humidity will be higher down on the floor then mid to top.

So I am going to suggest if you have another pot to flip it upside down and put it under the pothos so it is higher up. If you have fake plants you can hook them to the sides of the outside of the enclosure for her. This will give her some sense of security as well.

She is on the floor because she is not feeling safe.

So with the gauge being on the floor is this how you are telling your temps and humidity? IF so this will not be accurate for basking temp and the humidity will be higher down on the floor then mid to top.
Okay thank you so much I will definitely do that. I do have some fake ivy that I ended up taking out of her cage so I will put that on the outside. Yes that is how I'm telling the temperature but I can move it higher up.

Okay thank you so much I will definitely do that. I do have some fake ivy that I ended up taking out of her cage so I will put that on the outside. Yes that is how I'm telling the temperature but I can move it higher up.
You want a gauge that has a probe for the basking branch below the heat. This is the only way to know for sure what your basking temps are.

Ok I would remove the fake vines from the top. You do not want them melting from the heat on the fixtures. The vines on the side will help her feel like she is less exposed. And if you can get that pothos higher by putting a pot upside down for it to sit on it will help as well.
Okay, I remove that. I'm glad she feels more comfortable. The only thing is the pothos. The vines are connected on the soil, and she freaks out when I move things around. So I may wait until I can buy a talker plant.

I’m not a fan of fake plants, but what I did before I knew better and until my real ones grew in enough was to hang them from the top so they cascaded down like a little curtain.
First is Grumpy’s first small enclosure and second is her XL.
F2AC6BC2-62A5-4272-AB7F-EB8541327F81.jpeg D52BC30F-B3FC-40ED-9DFB-752DB86E2522.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom