Husbandry Review

What do you mean parts and pieces? The only thing I am not doing right is gutloading?
your supplementation is incorrect as well. It is parts and pieces. And gutloading is a BIG piece. We don't gutload to feed the feeders we gutload them to pass on all the nutrients to our cham. To make them more nutritionally dense.

@PabloTheCham how about hanging the 10.0 well above the free range area. Get a second T5 fixture with a 5.0 to put on the enclosure. Up your gutloading and correct the supplementation. Make sure you mist him at least twice a day for no less than 2 minutes.
You wanted to know why your guy looks dull and @Beman is being extremely patient in trying to help you. Every aspect of keeping plays into not only how the cham looks, but it’s overall health. I want you to succeed in properly keeping your cham and Beman certainly has shown that she does too.

your supplementation is incorrect as well. It is parts and pieces. And gutloading is a BIG piece. We don't gutload to feed the feeders we gutload them to pass on all the nutrients to our cham. To make them more nutritionally dense.
Ok. Didn't know gutloading was that imortant. The reason i only use d3 once a month is because someone told me if he is getting a lot natural sunlight , I probably don't need that much d3

Ok. Didn't know gutloading was that imortant. The reason i only use d3 once a month is because someone told me if he is getting a lot natural sunlight , I probably don't need that much d3
And if he is in fact getting a few hours every day you don't have to. But you do need the multivitamin 2 times a month. You can't do that one once a month.

I will do that.
Gutload with fruits and veg. Pick 4 or 5 greens and 2 fruits... You can get the stuff and use a food processor and get freezer safe containers for it. Blend it all down. Add in bee pollen. Put into the freezer safe containers and then thaw one when you need more. Feed them it every day. take out the old and add new gutload. You will see a difference in shedding and even color. I will say I think he is staying the duller grey also because he is out free ranging all day and not under uvb. even though your giving him time outside it may not be enough to impact color. Beman stays greens in the house... But as soon as he is out side his bars go yellow. There should be a difference between the colors he displays outside and inside.

Gutload with fruits and veg. Pick 4 or 5 greens and 2 fruits... You can get the stuff and use a food processor and get freezer safe containers for it. Blend it all down. Add in bee pollen. Put into the freezer safe containers and then thaw one when you need more. Feed them it every day. take out the old and add new gutload. You will see a difference in shedding and even color. I will say I think he is staying the duller grey also because he is out free ranging all day and not under uvb. even though your giving him time outside it may not be enough to impact color. Beman stays greens in the house... But as soon as he is out side his bars go yellow. There should be a difference between the colors he displays outside and inside.
He gets two hours of sunlight every day, do you think this is not enough for him? Thanks for the tips on gutloading. So the mixture should end up being a liquid mix?
When I take him out, he turns darker, and has distinct white lines on him.

He gets two hours of sunlight every day, do you think this is not enough for him? Thanks for the tips on gutloading. So the mixture should end up being a liquid mix?
When I take him out, he turns darker, and has distinct white lines on him.
I am making mine this weekend... I will take pics.. It is like a mush mix... Kinda like canned baby food but thicker.
I think two hours is good each day and he should not develop MBD. I am just saying he is going to show different colors then those that are under UVB all day. darker is normal when they absorb heat.

How old is he now?

I am making mine this weekend... I will take pics.. It is like a mush mix... Kinda like canned baby food but thicker.
I think two hours is good each day and he should not develop MBD. I am just saying he is going to show different colors then those that are under UVB all day. darker is normal when they absorb heat.

How old is he now?
I don't know. The profile pic was from 2 months ago. I think he might be older than I thought, when I see 6 month old chams that look like this:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/veiled-chameleon-6-months-old-not-eating-much.114908/

Yes, yes. I know they are highly variable but this is a pretty drastic difference don't you think? mine doesn't have his male casque yet...

I don't know. The profile pic was from 2 months ago. I think he might be older than I thought, when I see 6 month old chams that look like this:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/veiled-chameleon-6-months-old-not-eating-much.114908/

Yes, yes. I know they are highly variable but this is a pretty drastic difference don't you think? mine doesn't have his male casque yet...
He may not be showing his mature colors yet.... Beman was a year old before I saw drastic differences. He just hit 2 years old and now I am seeing yellows and orange and pale blues... Granted he only flashes those outside or if he is really really angry. LOL>

He may not be showing his mature colors yet.... Beman was a year old before I saw drastic differences. He just hit 2 years old and now I am seeing yellows and orange and pale blues... Granted he only flashes those outside or if he is really really angry. LOL>
Yeah, mine gets some VERY nice colors if he sees himself through the window.... He also makes himself so big, he is flat like a piece of paper XD it's rly cute how he thinks he is intimidating :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, mine gets some VERY nice colors if he sees himself through the window.... He also makes himself so big, he is flat like a piece of paper XD it's rly cute how he thinks he is intimidating :ROFLMAO:
So improve the gutload and the 2nd dose of the multivitamin each month. And let him mature. ;) They all do it at their own pace... I never saw yellows like this with Beman when he was outside with me last year at a year old. Only this year has he started showing them.

So improve the gutload and the 2nd dose of the multivitamin each month. And let him mature. ;) They all do it at their own pace... I never saw yellows like this with Beman when he was outside with me last year at a year old. Only this year has he started showing them.
Shouldn't his casque start growing right now though?

Back
Top Bottom