Hunting on enclosure floor.?!

BostonKeith

Avid Member
Kinda wierd but last 2 days my female veiled has been hunting and exploring the bottom. This is new. Husbandry is the same. She ignores her lay bin as i think she assumes the sand is lava?!?!

Kinda wierd but last 2 days my female veiled has been hunting and exploring the bottom. This is new. Husbandry is the same. She ignores her lay bin as i think she assumes the sand is lava?!?!
My Parsons female does the same , so I started putting a bowl with roaches in the bottom . Part of her routine now is to go there first thing after she gets up.

mine also seems to patrol her lower part in the morning before basking lights turn on. I am not too concerned just thought it was odd.

My male veiled patrols his bare-bottom enclosure as well.

Screenshot_20220721-171937~3.png

yeah my veiled goes done there once in awhile not to often though. But he is only one that doesn't have bioactive setups. Afraid he will get over weight. My parsons and panthers hunt down there cause they knw there bugs there. Until they found out didn't go there much

I don't know if female veiled Chams are as territorial as males. My boy Sassy patrols the whole enclosure a few times a day 😎

Back
Top Bottom